A handful of recent bird photos I've taken lately. With the weather warming up it's been nice to get out and do what i love doing best - walking and stalking (birds)...
There is a lot of "liquid gold" at the lake lately - love the sunlight on the water.
And speaking of Gold - the photo at the bottom is one I took several years ago while walking in a neighborhood near downtown Covina. I remember exactly the day when walking by I spotted the gold carpet of leaves. I actually felt a shift in my energy when seeing it. I was elevated just a little bit in mood and consciousness. I must revisit this area again in the spring.
I wouldn't say I live in the past but I do enjoy revisting old photos because it's a reminder to go somewhere again and see what new marvelous scenes open up. I was raised from age 10 to 20 in Covina and the downtown area was always fun to go back and visit. I've even taken a granddaughter with me one day when we walked through my neighbhorhood. I had her little bike with me in the trunk and let her ride around the neighborhood and now that reminds me to go revisit those photos soon.
Sometimes I wait for the seagulls to line up - I got a photo last year of them lining up as if waiting to take off. This one isn't quite the same but a similar look.
7 comments:
I got a couple neat photos today of the birds at old port. It was one of those days when almost no one was around and we had the pier to ourselves and walking along the highway, almost no cars!
I really could see how the pelicans and seagulls watch from a distance when there is no one cutting up fish, waiting for it to start so they can be first on the scene.
These are gorgeous photos and makes me want to be there with you when you walk around the lake. I was hoping this would be a good time to come up but I have too many appts to keep before I can get away.
I can see how you would be elevated by the colors of the leaves and that cozy looking house! Enjoyed all of the photos!
I would love you to come into town and stay a few days - lots we could go do. Love old port - wish i was there today.
Keep 'on stalking' those birds, Sandy, as I am loving your photos!
These are wonderful and that house is beautiful.
Smiles :)
thanks Margie. I may see that house tomorrow - we decided we are going down there - just have to remember what street it was on.
Like I say and repeat best Bird Photographer with some lovely settings thrown in, wow
stay well out there!
and thank you for your lovely photos.
These photos are beautiful, Sandy! I know what you mean by that shift in energy. I've felt that at times.
Post a Comment