Time to accept the invitation and see what's out there. The trails should be wide open as the tourists who enjoyed the whole mountain range and towns during the last few weeks have now gone back to school and work.
I can hear the birds again as their chirping isn't silenced by all the sirens that I've heard lately.
A lot of people don't know that when you come to snow it will be a requirement to have chains. The three main highways coming up to the mountains had people parked off road, some blocking the road, some sliding off the road - trying to put on their chains or if they were cold to build a bonfire (can you believe it) in the mountains of all places with trees all around....right off the highway, to get warm.
I just know the ducks are hungry and will be flying to us the minute we hit the shore with their food.
9 comments:
I'm so glad you got snow, but sorry about the stupid tourists. Happy New Year to you and your families and the ducks that I imagine will be so happy to see you.
I bet there was a crowd of ducks coming your way when they realized you guys were back with food!! ;) That's a beautiful picture by the way.
We also enjoyed our first day out since the tourists went home. In no time it will be spring break and they'll be back. It seems the time between crowds gets shorter and shorter.
That's a lovely shot, Sandy. Years ago when we lived in Santa Barbara, and the kids loved to feed the ducks.
as always, so beautiful....take care and go slow m'dear Sandy
The picture looks like it's calling me.Although some movies made me scared of lakes, this looks serene I wanna stay there and watch the sunset.
thanks all - never made it for the walk - the heavy breeze kicked up and it was so cold. instead drove around, bought some duck food and back home. Can't wait for spring!!
this time of year the lake looks so golden with the reflections.
People build bon-fires, in CA mountains?!?
Brain-dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beautiful shot, Sandy.
Love it!
Such a pretty shot! I bet the ducks sent out a welcoming committee for you upon seeing your return. :)
Post a Comment