Thursday, January 29, 2015

Parrish Light




Kirtana has sung with Eckhart Tolle (there is a video of her singing at a talk given by Tolle in Vancouver, and when I came across this particular video I found I really enjoyed the visuals and her singing. It's about 5 minutes so probably no one will have the time to watch it but it is really nice especially if you have headphones on. This song, these words captures the feeling one has when out in nature and having a "moment" of unity.

If you've ever looked at Maxfield Parrish' art - you know why she was inspired to write it - what he does with "light" is so beautiful.

LYRICS

I watch the orange light
wash the meadows and the trees
I feel my heart ignite,
so I get on my knees
to hear the cricket song,
to feel the earth
and know that I belong
in this Maxfield Parrish light,
destined to perish with the night

And I am in this painting,
a liquid brushstroke through the sky
Yet I am witnessing
my form take birth and die
I change the landscape
and the landscape changes me
Somehow I'm a part
of the Artist and the art
of all I see

One light, hiding yet abiding
from dawn, through night, to dawn
One life, dividing and uniting
I go on and on...

Bathed by this peaceful light
I feel my sense of Self expand
I lose the need for flight
like a sparrow in God's hand
I lose the question
and I become the why and how
in the evanescent,
ever-present here and now

I watch the orange light
wash the meadow and the trees
I feel my heart ignite,
so I get on my knee

6 comments:

cat's momma said...

That was so beautiful to listen to and see the images!

Wanda said...

Just beautiful.

Out of Sight L said...

Absolutely Stunning and well worth the five minutes or so, now I go read the words..Thank you Sandy, I LOVE THIS SO MUCHXX

Out of Sight L said...

and lyrics as beautiful as the music, a wonderful, wonderful song and Video thank you again Sandy

sandy said...

glad you enjoyed it - it really struck me when I listened to it.

Connie said...

That was lovely.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)