It was a beautiful day at the lake yesterday. The sun was out - the temperature was warm and all the ducks and coots were in the mood for a story.
As their guest reader, once a week I would choose a book to read to them, after which, they would get their treats.
As soon as they saw me arriving with book in hand, they quickly assembled in a group anxious to hear this week's story.
I sat down on a tree stump and began to read a passage out of "The Five Geese That Took Over Lake Gregory".
They did not like my selection for their Book of the Week club and voted me out as guest reader.
11 comments:
Hahahahahahahahaha...great post! And they look so expectant. Sorry you disappointed them!
HaHa..silly ducks...don't they know a good thing when they see it!! Quack.
they were definitely disappointed, lol. They do NOT like bully geese.
Loved this Sandy ... and great photo!
thanks Margie.
HA! I guess you didn't FEED THEM, so they got bored! Our ducks at the civic center park are the same way! I often walk there and the ducks follow me, thinking I'm going to feed them!
Cheryl Ann
Oh Sandy, my gosh that's hilarious and the photos well, what can I say to the best bird photographer, wonderful
thanks so much...i love ducks and geese and coots and fish and birds and ....well i just love them all, lol, and if they let me i would read stories to all of them.
Lorraine - that's sweet, thanks - when you take hundreds at a time one is bound to get a few good ones;)
Hahaha! How dare they!! :D
What a great photo and I loved this post, Sandy!
thanks Daisy, just saw this.
Post a Comment