And only about 5% of what I took will ever get blogged. I just so over do it everytime I'm around any of my grandkids. I had a great time following them around and taking photos, taking walks by myself, going to a beautiful lake with Mike, and my son and the kids when he was off work on Sunday and various other things that kept us busy. I really will miss them - will miss taking out on walks that are level and not up and down like I have to do here where I live. I left beautiful weather (a bit chilly in the mornings but warm in the afternoons)...to come home to cloud, wind, fog, and sometimes a little sun. One day home and I find out we will possibly get snow tomorrow and Friday....but.. only about 1" which is great - that's enough.
Here is Mackenzie walking back from town on a little wall.
Several times while we were there -we made a trip up to the little town's "All Mixed Up" yogurt shop or "Little Bites" - the two local shops we went to every day. Bend has a decent size downtown area but in this area where they live about 3 miles or so from town, there is also a small neighborhood town which is very handy for quick walks through the park and to the shop for sweets. They live 2 houses from Compass Park which we walk through to get to the shops.
Here is Mackenzie walking back from town on a little wall.
Several times while we were there -we made a trip up to the little town's "All Mixed Up" yogurt shop or "Little Bites" - the two local shops we went to every day. Bend has a decent size downtown area but in this area where they live about 3 miles or so from town, there is also a small neighborhood town which is very handy for quick walks through the park and to the shop for sweets. They live 2 houses from Compass Park which we walk through to get to the shops.
7 comments:
Makes me want to experience it again! That is one beautiful painting! Looking forward to seeing some photos from there! And what lake did Seth take you to?
One of the Cascade lakes - i'm trying to remember - i know we went by devil's lake and i got pics - but the other lake we got out and walked around, etc. Beautiful area. ...well all of it is gorgeous - ...
WOW on heading and wow on your precious grand-daughter MacKenzie...seems mine is growing by leaps and bounds lol beautiful
I hope you do get snow on Friday! It is chilly here this morning.
Cheryl Ann
Lorraine - each stage is so great with grandkids - i love having "baby" Mac - and on up to "Sporty Mac" - which is what she calls herself - she says she is a sporty girl. I know Lily will bring you lots of pleasure and laughter through the years.
Hi Cheryl - some reports only say above 6000 feet - others say we will get it also - at about 4800 feet. But Big Bear I've read will get 2 to 4 " ...every little bit helps. Right now it's cold, heavy breezy and foggy and really damp. Isn't stopping the birds from enjoying it - I can sit on my bed (it's a high bed) and look out the window at the birds on the tree. Perfect morning.
Mackenzie is growing up so fast! I remember when you posted sketches of her when she was quite young. It's great to be able to walk places. I don't have anywhere I can walk to where I live now. I really miss that about where we used to live.
Post a Comment