Thursday, May 14, 2015

MORE VENICE BEACH

I didn't take the time to blog today because I was otherwise, involved.  Thought I would throw up a quick post tonight because I wanted to have more Venice Beach pics on my blog.

I really look forward to going back - there was a lot we didn't see and I would like to get over to the pier in Santa Monica which was walking distance from where we were (I think).

Can you believe California is getting lots of rain - quite a bit today and more coming tomorrow.  We had snow a few towns up the mountains (Running Springs and Sky Forest and on up to Big Bear)...we didn't get any here but no doubt I'll be out in the car tomorrow to go see it and photograph what I can - because I really doubt we will get any more until next winter.   My grandson who is living with us now will be spending a few days at his aunt's house over the weekend and possibly into next week.  His school didn't use all their snow days this school year so he gets a week off starting Monday, before Memorial Day weekend gets here.  Lucky him.

So this is the lady who with her husband, owns the Freak Show shop which is featured on a cable program.  She was really a lady an we spent awhile talking with her.


I had lots of photos of various animal oddities in jars but I thought I'd spare you from seeing them.



some photos along Venice Beach boardwalk.



I love color, energy and being outside - this place was really fun to hang out at.

I don't necessarily like crowds but it really wasn't too bad in small doses.














9 comments:

Out of Sight L said...

Splendid of you dear Sandy, I love seeing places that I can never visit, I love what you share with me and others of course, i love them all, and so glad it rained, have a great weekend sweetie xo

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Dare I say, it's too kind of honky-tonk, for me? And sound like a grumpy old lady of course. -grin-

Kind of reminds me of a tourist place, north of us.. Lake George Village. Eeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!! -grin-

cat's momma said...

Kind of reminds me a bit of Pismo with the old .. really old ... buildings and the busyness...Pismo on the weekends or during the tourist seasons.

tammy j said...

i love artists. and looks like there are a few who live there and practice their art publicly!
kind of a cross between an art community and a carnival midway! LOL
please say the creatures in the glass bowl were not alive...

tammy j said...

publically? publicaly? IN PUBLIC TAMMY! for pete's sake.

Wanda said...

You just put me in a time machine, Sandy.....Oh the memories of those days gone by. See they are still alive at Venice Beach. We lived in Santa Barbara in the late 60's and early 70's.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

5-17

Sandy, did you know that your Profile Page, has NO link to your blog?

I tried to go to your blog, by clicking on your Icon... It took me to your Profile Page, but there was NO way to get to your blog.

I can get here, because I have your blog url in my list. But a new person, just seeing a comment by you somewhere, and wanting to visit your blog, could not. By clicking on your Icon.

Yish, but I am long-winded. lol..

Just sayin'.....

sandy said...

thanks! just took care of it.

Connie said...

What a fascinating place! I love all the colors too, and I especially like those wall murals--very cool!

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)