Thursday, May 7, 2015

BEAUTIFUL DRIVE TO "ELK" LAKE AND SOME DEER ALONG THE WAY

Everywhere I've traveled while in Central Oregon is beautiful - a mix of high desert and mountain terrain.  We were on our way to one of the Cascade lakes to spend a few hours.

I saw a family of deer along the way and was able to get pics.





When I saw the pics - it looked like everything was over saturated and I've actually noticed this effect for several months - maybe it's my camera but greens look extremely green in my photos but they do in real time too, especially when various shades of green are in one photo.

Anyway these deer were by the side of the road and we stopped along the shoulder so I could take the photos.

I love where some of my sons live - when in Mill Valley - San Francisco area - we go up to watch the kids, there is a family of three deer that hang around the yard - I haven't posted those photos yet  from our last trip in October - but the buck would hang by the bedroom window and wait for me to come out and pick apples for him that were too high  up in the tree for him to reach.  

Then we come to Bend and I get to see more deer.

I live in the mountains and have yet to see any here.
















10 comments:

tammy j said...

well. all i can say is... i'm so glad you visited the peanut. because otherwise i might never have come here.
and OMG. i have had to MAKE myself stop reading.

i am in love with your whole life. with jake and his cartwheels and mac and her jumping and holly so pensive and your home and the mountains and your travels... and the sock drawer socks... and i love louise hay too and totally believe dyer and deepak and her... and...
your dirt yard and the atrium that you used to have... good lord but that home was beautiful... and all the family around the rustic kitchen!
whew. take a breath tammy.
AND... that is ALL AFTER i had spent almost an hour in your messy sketches blog! LOLOL!!! i went there FIRST!
sorry for the caps. i'm an e.e. cummings at heart. i hate capital letters and only use them when i'm blown away. and blown away i am!

your art is simply WONDERFUL!!!! i especially love your skylines paintings. love the manhattan one with the guy raking leaves! YES!
and the houses. i like YOUR rendition of the big blue house better than the big blue house itself! LOLOL. i know this is getting too long. and i won't do it again. do not fear. you have not got a weird stalker on your posts... i just couldn't help but tell you what a great time i've had already.
on my bucket list has ALWAYS been to see carmel and that drive. and oregon. i had no idea bend was so breathtakingly beautiful.
and your own area of california. i've been almost all over the whole country but never up the west coast. the redwoods are a dream of mine. i find all trees to be sacred. but those trees. i just want to stand in their presence before i die.
i am not fond of every single painting of van gogh ... but i LOVE his café under the stars and starry starry night paintings... and your aspen painting... oh sandy. it is YOU. the vibrancy and life of the aspen. i can look at it and even HEAR them!!! van gogh would be so proud of you!
well.
enough gushing here for one day. you can delete this book of a comment if you want to. i just wanted you to know what a great blog...
make that ...blogs you have! i've added both to my favorites. thank you for being in the blog world! see ya in the trenches! ♥

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

on the issue of color saturation....

I always thought, that you 'pumped up' your photo's colors.... be cause you love BRIGHT!

you don't???

interesting, how readers can think one thing, and it may not be so.

sandy said...

wow - your comments made me feel so good - thanks so much Tammy....no way am I deleting that!! lol. And speaking of cityscapes i'm actually working on one right now and just took a break. Thanks for making my day. It means so much. Glad I decided to visit "Tammy" from Tessa's blog - ... I love the title of your blog "Peanut on the table" and had added it already to my list. So nice to meet u.

sandy said...

Hi Tessa - i do love bright colors but this is pretty much how they come out of my camera. But i have noticed such an odd thing in the last year - even looking out of my eyes the colors seem so deeply hued anymore. My sister mentioned the same thing that this is how she sees it also. I rarely add saturation to my stuff. The most I do is add a little contrast if the lighting wasn't good.

cat's momma said...

I'm still seeing unbelievable colors, especially all shades of green and they appear in my photos too. I don't saturate ever, just lighten or contrast a wee bit if they need it. How did I miss those pics yesterday? and Tammy's comments? I love to see deer and I recall the mountain driving between Eugene and Bend and it was so beautiful!! Really would love to see that area again sometime.

sandy said...

Yeah Laura - that's what i mean - i don't even hit saturation except to try and take some away. maybe it's the digital cameras now a days that add more color. I still want to see Eugene some day.

Bell of Peace said...

It is a new way to see this matter. It is interesting as well. http://www.bellofpeace.org

Out of Sight L said...

That's it I'm going to have to award the best Nature photographer, wow x3 you take my breath away Sandy x

sandy said...

thanks Lorraine! When nature is so pretty it's not hard to get good photos! Wish I could spend every waking moment stalking wildlife - now that would be a great hobby or career. I get so excited when I see an animal since I usually just photograph birds.

Connie said...

Lovely shots of the deer, Sandy. I can never get very close to any around here. They run away too easily.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)