Friday, December 4, 2015

HOW'S YOUR WEATHER?


Chilly and cloudy here.  Our really cold weather is behind us, at least for now.  We are at least above freezing at night so I can leave some of my plants in pots outside.  I had to bring them in last week because of the temps.

I'm slowly getting more motivated to post again.  I thought I had to go to DMV today but found out that even though a renewal notice for my license never showed up in the mail - I could indeed renew online.  I'm glad to not have to make that trip and stand in line.  I'm a very impatient person when it comes to waiting in line for anything.  Last time I waited in line for a movie was when the first Star Wars came out back in the 70's (was it 70's or 80's).. anyway forget restaurants - if there is a line I won't eat there.  

I'm finally eligible for MediCare in the next few days.   Time has flown so quickly - at least the last ten years have.  So any changes have taken place - since 2010 -I've moved three times.  Up until that time we stayed put in one house for almost 30 years.  I raised four guys and as life would have it - I'm raising another male.  I've never had the opportunity to raise a female - not sure if that is a good thing or not.  I would love a daughter but I do have females in my life that I love so that's a plus.

Today's front porch comes from Wrightwood - the town I lived in before i moved here.






8 comments:

cat's momma said...

That's a cozy looking cabin! I love the red. I saw the video at your other blog and I love it and also I watched the making of it at the end. It's amazing what can be done. We walked at Oso Flaco Lake today and that's where I found that the white pelicans are hanging out along with lots of coots and ducks. It was very beautiful out there today...no coat needed. I remember when we took you and Mike there, we couldn't finish the hike because of the sand flies.

Connie said...

I like the porch tucked in there above the garage. It was cold and gray here today too. We are supposed to get some warmer temperatures later in the weekend and next week, perhaps in the mid-50's.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

rain ended... no snow.... not really cold either..... quite blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, actually.

mmmmm, why did they have that big ol' garage door, white-ish? I'd prefer it to blend in with the rest of the house. but then, I am not a fan of garage doors in the front. yes, ours is in the front. bleahhhh.... ,-)

tessa

tammy j said...

what is it? but once you reach a certain age... time just flits by like the speed of light.
november was a whirr... and i don't even live a hectic life. and it still speeds by.
seeing mog's little face again was great! and like cat's momma... I also watched it made. cool!
and i'm so glad you didn't have to go to that place to get your DL renewed. just not now. just glad. xo

sandy said...

Cabins in the mountains - usually have very weird designs. I like this one - some of them are like ...well - there must have been no building code for the longest time in the mountains - ...it's not rare to see some really strange looking buildings. So hope u get your warm up. I do enjoy winter but for some reason - not so much this year so far - the older i get the less i like to be chilly.

sandy said...

i remember oso flaco flats - need to go there next time. I enjoyed the walk except for the sand flies.

sandy said...

so we are colder than u are probably - ...it took a week for a little over an inch of snow to melt at our place. We have had freezing temps for a week and then it started to heat up today but then by this afternoon took a dive into cold temps again.

sandy said...

i am shocked by how quite time flies. I look back at pics taken ...in..February - and it seems like a month ago. Can't imagine how fast it will go when I'm ten years older. i don't see how it could go any faster. yes - glad i avoided the lookie loos that might have been checking out the crime scenes down there.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)