Since San Bernardino has been so much in the news I'll show you a view from up top the mountain.
Yesterday we were driving along the 18 hwy ...rim highway as the locals call it - ...and I could see the ocean again. It usually happens this time of year when the sun is setting directly over the ocean so it lights up the water. We pulled off and two ravens were sharing what looks like a banana. I was getting photos and at some point another car drove up and they flew off.
I think these birds call this area their territory - always when we round a curve and come up near this turnout - the ravens are flying overhead. A lot of people stop at the turnouts to take photos and probably leave food for them (or they just leave their trash). I think they are ravens vs crows because they are really big. I couldn't get a close enough look at their face to tell for sure.
Below this area is Waterman Avenue - the 18 takes you down to Waterman and San Bernardino is this area below.
And a front porch from Upland, California - a few cities over from this area.
Yesterday we were driving along the 18 hwy ...rim highway as the locals call it - ...and I could see the ocean again. It usually happens this time of year when the sun is setting directly over the ocean so it lights up the water. We pulled off and two ravens were sharing what looks like a banana. I was getting photos and at some point another car drove up and they flew off.
I think these birds call this area their territory - always when we round a curve and come up near this turnout - the ravens are flying overhead. A lot of people stop at the turnouts to take photos and probably leave food for them (or they just leave their trash). I think they are ravens vs crows because they are really big. I couldn't get a close enough look at their face to tell for sure.
Below this area is Waterman Avenue - the 18 takes you down to Waterman and San Bernardino is this area below.
And a front porch from Upland, California - a few cities over from this area.
6 comments:
I love the softness of the light in all the pictures of the ravens (bird's eye views) and the ocean in the distance and the view looking down the mountain to San Bernardino! These really turned out nice! I am waiting for photos of the new kitten!!!
Those birds do look big. I bet they are ravens too. Great pictures! Love that view down from the mountain--wow!
Oh, I LOVE ravens! There is a couple up at Vista Point, up Highway 74 that eat the trash people leave, and believe me, there is a LOT of trash! And, there are NO trash containers up there! Sometimes one can see the Salton Sea from there. I need to get a couple of photos of the sea and the ravens, if they are around, next time.
~Cheryl Ann~
WHERE did you get the star background? It is ADORABLE!!!
~Cheryl Ann~
I think i'll hang out there a little more and take them some good trash! I love watching them. The eat and they nap and then they fly out over the hills. They are fun to watch.
i'll post photos today of the new kitty.. Here name is skelly...because Hunt thinks in certain light her face looks like a skeleton - go figure!
Post a Comment