Didn't get the lights up yet... well the "one" who puts them up hasn't done it.
But I ....did put some ornaments on the trees but I ran out and haven't gotten back to the 99 cent store to get more of the big balls that i put on the outside tree. (maybe I could have worded this different but i"ll let it stand as is).
Not sure lights will go up this year but then they haven't since Wrightwood.
Even if the lights don't get put up - i can't complain - because I'll have a nice warm dinner tonight created by the man who hangs the lights.
So I put a few snowflakes on trees to make the birds feel festive ;)
The other day a crew came to clean out our landlord's property down below the fence line - a really big area full of trees that needed trimming or pulled out. I can now see Cari's front deck from where I'm standing in my back yard. But..what's great about it is - her beautiful rose bushes were not getting enough sun because of this grove of trees below and she mentioned a few months ago she wished Mr. A would pay someone to thin out the trees. She got her wish as everyone on the mountain got notices from the county that their properties had to be thinned out and cleaned up for fire safety reasons. Her roses will thrive this coming year with more sun.
She is my neighbor who has the beautiful garden that "we" share. I say "we" because I always take photos and we visit often over the fence. I also love her cozy cabin and the way she decorates it.
So to brighten her day when she looks out of her living room window I put up ornaments way back there on the two cedar trees. I didn't overdo it because I didn't have many ornaments. I'm no professional holiday house decorator after all, lol.
This is a front porch I took the other day in a neighborhood close by where we live.
But I ....did put some ornaments on the trees but I ran out and haven't gotten back to the 99 cent store to get more of the big balls that i put on the outside tree. (maybe I could have worded this different but i"ll let it stand as is).
Not sure lights will go up this year but then they haven't since Wrightwood.
Even if the lights don't get put up - i can't complain - because I'll have a nice warm dinner tonight created by the man who hangs the lights.
So I put a few snowflakes on trees to make the birds feel festive ;)
The other day a crew came to clean out our landlord's property down below the fence line - a really big area full of trees that needed trimming or pulled out. I can now see Cari's front deck from where I'm standing in my back yard. But..what's great about it is - her beautiful rose bushes were not getting enough sun because of this grove of trees below and she mentioned a few months ago she wished Mr. A would pay someone to thin out the trees. She got her wish as everyone on the mountain got notices from the county that their properties had to be thinned out and cleaned up for fire safety reasons. Her roses will thrive this coming year with more sun.
She is my neighbor who has the beautiful garden that "we" share. I say "we" because I always take photos and we visit often over the fence. I also love her cozy cabin and the way she decorates it.
So to brighten her day when she looks out of her living room window I put up ornaments way back there on the two cedar trees. I didn't overdo it because I didn't have many ornaments. I'm no professional holiday house decorator after all, lol.
This is a front porch I took the other day in a neighborhood close by where we live.
9 comments:
My visits here always make me feel so cozy. Here story here of ornaments and roses warmed my heart.
First...that banner photo is beautiful! I love that you take the time to hang ornaments and balls outside around the property...it's looking very festive and colorful! I know you will enjoy Cari's garden even more now that the thinning of the trees has been done.
Aw, they do look festive. I can feel Christmas in these photos.
Very pretty! I love all your bird feeding stations!
~Cheryl Ann~
Sandy, did you get your star background from istock? How does that work? I've never used them before.
~Cheryl Ann~ (Deep Canyon and Desert Horses)
I love your outdoor snowflakes and ornaments in the trees. It doesn't take a lot to really make it look cheery.
I love all your decorations, Sandy! The bird houses are an absolute delight, too.
thank u Linda and Connie Daisy, Cheryl,Lux and Laura.
I think it's sweet that you gave the birds a little Christmas. I hope you get the lights up! :)
xo,
rue
Post a Comment