Tuesday, December 8, 2015

THE KITTEN AND THE CHRISTMAS TREE(s)

On Saturday we went to a shelter and my grandson Hunt finally got the kitten he had been wanting since he moved in with us last April.  He had to leave his own cat behind and we kept trying to stall - because I didn't really want a pet again - but we finally gave in and told him she is a Christmas present.  She is a tortoise shell and just so tiny and cute.

I first thought I wouldn't put up a tree (because of the kitten) - but then I thought heck - I'll take a chance and put up three little trees instead of one big one.   I wanted him to feel like the house was at least a little festive.

Here are some photos of "Skelly" (He named her)...  and a few of the decorating I've done so far.  We might put lights up on the railing of the deck outside just because we are expecting snow and I think it would be pretty to have the lights up for that.  I've noticed that not many people around here in this neighborhood put up lights.  I get excited when I actually see a house decorated up here.  We went to Lake Arrowhead last night so Hunt could meet  friend for the annual Bonfire the fire department does in the village.  It was a nice evening  and Mike and I ate dinner at Woody's Grill while Hunt hung out with some friends for an hour and a half or so.

She is so fun to have around and has bonded with all of us just in a few days.  She makes the rounds and cuddles up with whoever will let her.  He intends to train her like he did his last cat - to walk on a leash so with her being strictly a house cat - she can get outside and walk around the lake.  He put the harness on her so she can get use to it.














My Christmas cactus I bought over the summer which was very tiny - actually bloomed in time for Christmas.  I have babied it and fed it regularly all summer and fall.










12 comments:

Vagabonde said...

That little kitten looks so sweet – she will be such a great addition to your family. I like you three Christmas trees – they look very festive.

sandy said...

We already love having her around - they sure grow on you quick - especially little kittens.

cat's momma said...

Kittens with big "feet"! Love the way she looks. I saw your explanation of Skelly's name...was wondering how he came up with it. Your banner is gorgeous! I like the three trees. I think that's a great idea for a small place like ours. Very festive and pretty. I hope he can get her trained to walk with a leash because it will be good for her to get to experience the fresh outdoor air and all that entails!

Though I didn't forget your birthday (was a bit early for it) I didn't realize until today and I needed to write the date down when I signed some papers that the 7th was yesterday! At first I wrote the "6th" down. Sounds like going to Arrowhead and eating out might have been a nice way to spend it.

tammy j said...

well i'm totally in LOVE.
she is beautiful. and how NEAT that hunt is going to take her on walks. that's just the coolest thing.
and i also love your three trees! my tree this year is only 26 inches tall with white lights. it's perfect. and i can store it right here in a box in the closet. no more taking my tree to the marine's shed!
welcome to tiny skelly! the best christmas present ever! ♥

sandy said...

HI Tammy - ...I sure hope he really can train her so she can get outside. His last cat "Dabs" he had trained and the cat and him would go to the beach and Dabs loved running along the boardwalk. He is such a happy kid right now with this cat. All of my 3 trees came from a box too. I also have a big fake tree but it's in the storage outside and i haven't decorated it in over 3 years. I prefer the small ones. He calls her Skelly - I call her Smelly - (she has a lot of gas)

sandy said...

yeah I decided i didnt' want to go all the way down to Claremont - didn't know we would do Lake Arrowhead until he came home from school asking if he could go to the Bonfire thing last night. It got us out and it felt really festive. I wanted to make it festive for Hunt - that's why i put up three. I still haven't given him the card - will do so soon.

trav4adventures said...

Oh, she is a cutie pie! My cousin's purebred Oriental shorthair got out, got pregnant, and had 4 kittens. I have had Abby now for 8 years. She's pure black with a tiny star on her chest. We do NOT let her out. She sleeps with me at night and sometimes burrows down under the blankets! Every morning, she jumps up on hubby's chest and plops down on it for a nice rub. She sleeps in front of the portable heater when he is in his office.
~Cheryl Ann~

Connie said...

Aw, that kitten is so sweet. She's adorable. How neat that your Christmas cactus bloomed for you. My Grandma used to grow those, and they are so beautiful. Your trees look so pretty and sparkly too. :)

Linda said...

What a gorgeous kitten! I love all your photos and Christmas decorations.

sandy said...

Oh..i bet she's pretty ....I like her name. sounds like she is in heaven at your house.

sandy said...

thanks DaisyC.... i was happy it bloomed - i left mine behind in Wrightwood - ...it became part of the forest floor because it died out with a frost one day. I loved it so was happy when I got this one.

sandy said...

thanks Linda !

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)