Temecula has grown so much in the last 15 years or so ...The old town that is a tourist attraction has grown because of new business and lofts built. Out here - the new thing several years ago was to put in buildings where the person could have their business on the main floor and live above their business. One of my sons, the one who lives in Bend, built some of these that are now in Temecula.
I like to go here as often as possible because I love the atmosphere of walking through town. Temecula is not that far from San Diego and other coastal cities. One of my favorite places to go is ...going towards Temecula but then a detour to Ortega hwy to take a more mountainous route through the mountains and over to the coast where Laguna Beach is. It's scenic and a nice drive.
This particular day we went to Temecula and drove through the wine country (they are quite popular now for their wineries out here). After our drive we came to old town and enjoyed walking around, having a bite to eat and later going to a little winery where they have olive oil tasting and wine tasting. It was a really nice day out.
A chilly day but not too cold and they had an ice skating rink sent up near city hall and the tree.
I had a peach sangria in this adorable wine tasting shop.
I may not post again until after the holidays and if I don't I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas or holiday however, you celebrate it.
6 comments:
I would really like to visit that area sometime!
Our son and his family will be moving there in 2 weeks. He got a job near San Diego, so I'll be driving to Temecula a LOT this next year, and especially after I retire!
Enjoy the holiday!
Cheers!
~Cheryl Ann~
Beautiful photos, Sandy. That looks like such a lovely area. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family. :)
I love places like this, Sandy! Beautiful and so heartwarming! Merry Christmas to you and yours. :)
Belated Merry/Happy to you, Sandy. Your banner photo is breathtaking.
Thanks for visiting ... Cheryl - I love Temecula and try to get there as often as possible. Lucky u - you will have family to visit and a reason to go quite often. Congrats on that retirement coming up for you.
Thanks Altadena Hiker!
and thanks Lilnda, Daisy and Laura. - ...Laura we need to go there when you visit.
Post a Comment