and a chair put nearby - offered up a lot of chances to photograph birds yesterday. Before our walk I was sitting in a chair close by to the feeders with my camera and caught this Western Bluebird. I won't put up all the photos - (I put some of them at my nature blog) - but I loved this one so thought I would post it here.
I got quite a few of the acorn woodpecker as he clumsily tried to eat at the feeder. I need to get another feeder that doesn't have such a low roof and has a bigger foot plate on it so he can actually maintain his dignity and not fall off while he is trying to eat.
I got quite a few of the acorn woodpecker as he clumsily tried to eat at the feeder. I need to get another feeder that doesn't have such a low roof and has a bigger foot plate on it so he can actually maintain his dignity and not fall off while he is trying to eat.
Okay one more try.
He really is a clown and funny to watch - he is the loudest bird in the forest up here. My husband told me that Woody Woodpecker was fashioned after the Acorn Woodpecker.
That's cool in my book. He was a favorite character of mine and now I'm living in the midst of them. There are SO many up here.
3 comments:
Good morning, Sandy. Pretty bluebird. The woodpecker was a hoot (no pun intended. LOL) Heading over to the nature blog for more.
I love this picture of the blue bird!
Such a great picture of the bluebird, Sandy! The woodpecker does look like he's struggling there. ha! At least he kept trying.
Post a Comment