Life's been busy but I did manage to sit down yesterday and catch this pretty little hummingbird up in the tree just chilling out.
The colors of this tree and the fragrance is great. I don't know what type of tree but in the fall the yellow leaves are heart shaped - ...so I looked it up and I think it's a species of red bud but then ....i think it could be a wild lilac tree. I brought some of the blooms in the other day and put them in a bowl in my bedroom because it smelled so good.
I was taking a break out on the deck when I looked across at the tree and could barely make out this little cutie - but my zoom brought her in close.
The colors of this tree and the fragrance is great. I don't know what type of tree but in the fall the yellow leaves are heart shaped - ...so I looked it up and I think it's a species of red bud but then ....i think it could be a wild lilac tree. I brought some of the blooms in the other day and put them in a bowl in my bedroom because it smelled so good.
I was taking a break out on the deck when I looked across at the tree and could barely make out this little cutie - but my zoom brought her in close.
8 comments:
Nice to see you back, Sandy ..
This is just the most gorgeous shot!
I meant "these"
loved all of them ...
Wow! All of the photos turned out beautiful! I would guess it's lilac because of the fragrance possibly. I always know when I pass by a lilac bush or tree. It's the most beautiful fragrance!!
thanks Margie - ...i was glad this bird stayed put so long - i took a lot of photos - the rest will go up on my nature blog.
Laura - maybe it is a wild lilac because it sure smells pretty. The way I tried to identify it was last spring - i googled heart shaped yellow leaves and red bud came up and then i saw images of trees that look like this one I photographed - and they were a species of red bud - so still not sure what it is but this time of year it's beautiful.
She is soooooooooooo pretty, and it's so beautiful, feels warm and wonderful, great photos as always Sandy
A hummer. Already!!!
Beautiful little bird! Those do look like lilacs, and yes, they have a wonderful fragrance.
thanks all.
Post a Comment