Friday, April 24, 2015

LOVE THIS AREA

Came across these "legs" and wanted them on my blog again.  I love this photo.  I believe (maybe my sister can tell me if I'm wrong) from googling stores in SLO I think this was called "The Sock Drawer" shop.  Laura maybe u can check that out for me.  It seems as if I took more photos at a different time and they had these legs with different socks on, but I don't know what file to look in.



Makes me want to go back to the coast -But first will be Bend next week and maybe a trip to the coast in the summer and for sure over Thanksgiving.




This the was trip when I had Mackenzie with us and she and Hannah - My sister's granddaughter were at the "Barn" standing near the flowers.




and then the last one - is nostalgic for me - I am really missing having the family all near by (except for one son who lived father) and we would have family dinners sometimes at the house.  I also loved my rustic kitchen.  I just happened to see this pic again.


Today is another day of heavy fog, dreariness and evidently some melancholy.  But like the fog it will blow through and be bright and sunny again soon. 

14 comments:

Margie said...

Those are cool legs and socks ..
The photos of your family are all wonderful .. it's so special to have ones family close by

It is very overcast here today and I am hoping for rain as we need it badly

cat's momma said...

I loved seeing all these photos again! I can tell, though, that you need a break from cold, dreary weather and you need a very long, exhausting walk with lots of picture taking and birds to feed! On the other hand, I come more alive if it's cloudy, cool and the sun stays away and there are lots of clouds! We've had close to two weeks of that now with a chance of showers tomorrow morning! I hope they're right! Morro Bay walk today through the town and then lunch at the House of JU JU. It's a new one and pretty good. Had to wear jackets because of the heavy ocean breeze, but I enjoyed it.

cat's momma said...

I'll try to remember to check out the name of that sock store when we're downtown. It makes a great picture...so colorful! and that was such a nice time when the kids got to do things together ... is that the time they picked apples too? And wasn't Cayden along that time?

cat's momma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wanda said...

Love the sock drawer... I'm a glutton for socks, and don't need them most of the year. HaHa. Are those flowers by the girls Zenias? (not spelling it right) My mom had tons of those as they kept multiplying.

Out of Sight L said...

I can see why you'd love the socks imagine having a choice....all your photos are lovely I'm sorry your family isn't close enough, but you never know what could happen, yours is such a lovely place to live. Have a great weekend Sandy :)

sandy said...

yes need some sun - it's been cloudy foggy for a week. I think tomorrow hopefully some sun will peak through and then there will be a warm up - but we definitely are happy for the moisture. Will have to try that new restaurant some day that you mentioned.

sandy said...

hi Margie - hope u are getting rain.

sandy said...

yes Cayden was there.

sandy said...

actually no this trip he wasn't - we had just brought her - she had been there twice.

sandy said...

i think those are zinnas ... i love the area up there near "The Barn".

sandy said...

thanks Lorraine. And u have a great weekend too.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

that legs/socks in the drawer is so coooool. -gigggles-

So this was your kitchen, in a past home. wondering what your kitchen is, in your present home? Hint... Hint... Hint.... ,-))))))

Our cloudy/cold/rainy, gave way to sun. And I am very happy. My problem knee was extra icky, in that cold and rain. Better today. Not great. But better.

Connie said...

The socks are cool--that's an eye-catching display. I love all those zinnias--such pretty, bright colors. What a wonderful family photo that is too. I can see why you would miss having your family nearby.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)