Thursday, July 10, 2014

FRONT PORCH GARDEN

I love to look at others' gardens as we drive through town and the various roads up here where I live.  This particular house is one I enjoy driving by to see what is blooming.  It's a small little house - sits close to the street but I love her little garden area on her front porch and small driveway.



What isn't shown is on the left side of the photo some of her bird houses on the railing.  I'll have to get a better view next time.   I know I've taken more photos in the past - as this house is on one of the routes we walk when we go through neighborhoods instead of around the lake.

My "railing" garden is growing.  I've had issues trying to grow certain plants in my little back yard garden I planted this spring.  We have a lot of wildlife here including ground squirrels and certain birds who like my plants.  There are so many fledglings now and the sweet little birds love to eat the seed.   We managed to get some vegetable plants contained where the animals can't get to them but so many of my flowers have been eaten away.  The wildflower seed I put out was completely eaten by the birds.  Now my tactic is to start plants in pots and once I have all four container gardens protected I will replant them.  However, I know the annuals will be done by winter and the perrenials i may keep in larger pots and plant next year. 

I'm enjoying summer up here - especially when we don't reach much over 80 degrees.  A few days went almost to 90 and the nights really aren't cooling down much more than 65 but it's better than being down the mountain where temps go a lot higher.

How's your summer going?








I always love to catch bugs, moths or butterflies doing their "job".










7 comments:

cat's momma said...

Your container railing garden is really thriving and colorful and I remember that cabin and it's looking so pretty with all her flowers in front. But you definitely got my attention and a "WOW" with the last few pictures and the colors in them. This might be might first painting!! One of them...not sure yet which one.

trav4adventures said...

How cute!

Margie said...

Love the little house with all the pretty flowers.
Wonderful captures.

My summer is going wonderfully

sandy said...

thanks for visiting. Laura I hope you paint one of them.

Glad your summer is going well Margie!

Connie said...

I love your railing garden and the front porch garden at that house you walk by too. So pretty to see what all is growing there. Love the moth or butterfly (not sure which one it is) photos too.

Out of Sight L said...

Wow can't believe I missed that it's stunning all of it atta girl! all those secret posts I never know to look for...lol, stunning Sandy

sandy said...

thanks Lorraine! I keep adding to my railing garden - now it's wrapping around the back railing.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)