Monday, August 13, 2012

A COUPLE VIEWS OF WHERE I LIVE

I'm hoping to go to the Village Grind this morning for coffee and to post some more photos from the last week as we have had lots of grandkids visiting.

In the meantime here is a photo of what I see when I look up the street standing outside my door - i love all the trees - and here is a photo of the front door which has had a lot of activity lately with kids running in and out.


I liked the way the light was on the street the other day. I  can aleady see the changes in the angle of the sun.  I love living here so much.

And below - is the beginning of my garden of pots.  I eventually will get about thirty pots that I have sitting here empty - all planted.


Did I say I love living here...ha.

I started physical therapy last week for my elbow.  My therapist office is down my road - over to the town - about a half mile or so.  His name is Dr. J and he is the local chiropractor.  His office is next door to a hair salon which I badly need - and on the other side - Mexico Lindo - a mexican restaurant that serves really delicious Carnitas and long island ice teas. 

Mike and I figured out where the nuns disappeared to.  We moved up here at the beginning of summer and saw them around town - now their house has been closed up for over a week - We are speculating that this was their vacation retreat for the week and now they are back to their "real" lives - teaching in Catholic Schools wherever that may be. 

My niece Erin took her daughter Hannah and my Mackenzie to Disneyland today.  We have a quiet house for awhile and so will go get a walk soon.

Oh I almost forgot - we had a couple days of the most wondeful thunderstorms with lightening and heavy downpours - I LOVED it.


4 comments:

Connie said...

The view of the trees is lovely! I bet it will look neat to have all those pots filled and planted. Sounds like the location is a good one for you. I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying your new home.

sandy said...

Thanks Daisy - I can't wait to see autumn up here.

cat's momma said...

looks like you got some pots planted for outside in the front. I'm looking forward to our next visit...pretty sure it will be next Monday if that works for you. Got a dinner I know you will love planned for one of our nights there, plus a visit to Mexico Lindo for carnitas and tea one night and then, what, pizza or sandwiches the third night? I've put my order in for some light rainfall for that time.

Enocia Joseph said...

Wow! I can see why you love your new home so much! :-)

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)