I saw this cabin on a recent walk and was drawn to the curb appeal - especially the upstairs windows.
I had my appointment today and had 20 degrees improvement in range of motion. It's not that great but the doc tells me that because my elbow was completely shattered and all small pieces put back together that i am doing good for six weeks out. My arm on x-ray looks like a bionic arm. I just hope it acts like one in the future.
He wants me to keep doing what I'm doing but also to see a physical therapist to find out if the therapist can offer anything that helps. I'm not thrilled about this, as I will have to travel down the mountain to where I lived before for therapy. However, if it can help me get enough range of motion to be able to flex my arm from the elbow to touch my face or comb my hair - I'm willing to try anything. In the meantime I need to keep working with my static progressive brace (ouch).
I am still doing most things one handed but all in all my left arm is improving well in all ways but the flexion motion. I can now put something in my hand and carry it up or down the stairs
I'm happy that i have several days off without commitments or appointments and can get back to walking in the morning tomorrow. We have tried to get out twice a day, morning and evening and it feels good to move and at the same time shed some pounds that i gained over the last couple of years. We have cut down on eating out or bringing in fast foot because it isn't as available here as down the hill. This in itself has really helped me shed a few pounds. In fact, it's been over a month since I've had Del Taco - Yeah!!
My friend Enocia suggested a new motto - it goes like this: "Walk with the awareness of Love everywhere and Love will take care of you at all times."
Thanks Enocia - love it.
Here's another Wayne Dyer quote I like:
......Every thought that you have impacts you. By shifting from a thought that weakens to one that strengthens, you raise your energy vibration and strengthen yourself and the immediate energy field.....
1 comment:
I'm glad to hear your range of movement is improving. I hope it continues to get better. That's a pretty house.
Post a Comment