This last year when I lived down below in a tract home - after living on a property with lots of trees for the prior 28 years - ....I was depressed a lot of the time. There was no where to go sit outside, either in the front yard or the back yard, and have the shade of a big tree. It was nice living with the grandkids for a year but I had such a hunger for nature and it wasn't being fulfilled where we were.
Every day I take out walking - I feel so grateful for the nature that surrounds me.
I will never take a tree for granted again. I got so use to trees where we lived and raised our kids that they became a burden, because of the leaf drop that would happen every fall. We could spend hours and hours every week trying to keep up with raking and clearing them out.
Where we live now it won't matter if we let them collect on the ground - that's what the mountains are all about.
We did do a little raking the other day but it was mostly because we felt like doing some yard work.
Every day I take out walking - I feel so grateful for the nature that surrounds me.
I will never take a tree for granted again. I got so use to trees where we lived and raised our kids that they became a burden, because of the leaf drop that would happen every fall. We could spend hours and hours every week trying to keep up with raking and clearing them out.
Where we live now it won't matter if we let them collect on the ground - that's what the mountains are all about.
We did do a little raking the other day but it was mostly because we felt like doing some yard work.
2 comments:
What's so great about the mountains is that when you look up you see trees so high and the sky just a bit through the tops of the trees...and I love being surrounded by the trees in the mountains!
It is so lovely there, Sandy. It's like it was meant for you to be there. Trees are indeed a blessing.
Post a Comment