I'm not positive - but I might be seeing signs of fall arriving. There are trees in my front yard that the leaves are turning yellow and dropping to the ground - a lot of them. Not knowing what type of trees they are I'm not sure that this isn't just a normal thing. The weather was beautiful - high clouds, some humidity but cool breezes. Walking was really pleasant today.
There is a new quilt shop opening up in town. Hmmm... I use to love to sew - nothing difficult - pillows, curtains, etc. Once in awhile an article of clothing or an apron. I never advanced beyond beginner. Between the quilt shop classes, the pottery shop, art gallery run by a woman who is giving art lessons, and combined with the quilt shop is a yarn shop (lessons) I might find I have plenty to do over the winter. I would love to learn quilting. When I go to the county fairs, the first exhibit we always go to are the quilts.
I took this picture of some leaves on a walk recently.
I found a quote by Deepak Chopra I like:
I have been digging through boxes of books and have found so many of my favorite authors; Joel S. Goldsmith, Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Course in Miracles, Walter Lanyon. I've been missing these old friends and will keep them handy to pick up and enjoy again.
Hope your weekend is relaxing. Mine is, except for the saw buzzing outside my window. My neighbor is finishing his deck.
Also, we will be buying a cord of wood for winter soon. Mike priced it and it runs about $200 to $250. We have two fireplaces, one upstairs and one downstairs so I think a cord will be plenty - maybe too much. I remember once buying a half cord and it lasted a long time.
There is a new quilt shop opening up in town. Hmmm... I use to love to sew - nothing difficult - pillows, curtains, etc. Once in awhile an article of clothing or an apron. I never advanced beyond beginner. Between the quilt shop classes, the pottery shop, art gallery run by a woman who is giving art lessons, and combined with the quilt shop is a yarn shop (lessons) I might find I have plenty to do over the winter. I would love to learn quilting. When I go to the county fairs, the first exhibit we always go to are the quilts.
I took this picture of some leaves on a walk recently.
I found a quote by Deepak Chopra I like:
“Even when you think you have your life all mapped out, things happen that shape your destiny in ways you might never have imagined. ”
I have been digging through boxes of books and have found so many of my favorite authors; Joel S. Goldsmith, Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Course in Miracles, Walter Lanyon. I've been missing these old friends and will keep them handy to pick up and enjoy again.
Hope your weekend is relaxing. Mine is, except for the saw buzzing outside my window. My neighbor is finishing his deck.
Also, we will be buying a cord of wood for winter soon. Mike priced it and it runs about $200 to $250. We have two fireplaces, one upstairs and one downstairs so I think a cord will be plenty - maybe too much. I remember once buying a half cord and it lasted a long time.
4 comments:
I love the quote by Chopra because it is so true! That's a pretty photo of the leaves which look purple to me. We had thunder and rain last night and around four different times it rained pretty heavily here. In fact, when we thought it was over Hannah and I went to the laundry room to put clothes in dryer from washer ... we walked, didn't take an umbrella, and had to run home through the rain. Doesn't happen that often in the summer here. It was fun! Also, she spotted a grandfather bush which made her run faster! hahaha
how fun running home in the rain - i bet HannahKitty loved it. hahaha, grandfather bush....
Good quote!
It seems to me there's a lot of your Self to explore.
Had to look up what you meant by a "cord of wood". Now I know.
Cheers! xxx
I've seen some trees that have started to lose their leaves here too, but I think it is because we have had such a drought this summer.
A quilt shop, yarn shop, art gallery and pottery shop all nearby to you? How wonderful that will be for you! Wow!
Pretty leaf picture. I hope you have a nice week ahead!
Post a Comment