Friday, January 30, 2015

WHEN I GOT TO THE LAKE

My "friends" ran up to us  (we ..the woman who reads to them - the man who feeds them - the two of them who show up in a jeep)... and they see us and run to greet us.

They had agreed earlier - that they wanted me to resume my job of reading to them.  I had to agree to NOT talk about geese.  I did.  I chose instead, a book that I knew they would like - The Duck Who Laid the Golden Egg)...I'm sneaky that way....

So we met at our spot near the ball park under the tree.  They were a little rowdy at first but settled down nicely.

Mostly they enjoyed it and then we gave them their treats.  A few of them were obnoxious - always wanting more, more more, more food, more stories. 
















When they had a full tummy and a book read to them, they quickly lost interest in us and went along doing whatever ducks do - sometimes even trying to pick up girls.


 
After all - soon it will be mating season and they are already finding their mates. 


Lance has definitely found the woman of his dreams.




And it won't be long i will get to see their babies



11 comments:

cat's momma said...

Hahahaha...love it! I need to know how you got these shots..great shots!...at the level you were at. Were you lying down on your tummy to shoot them? I mean, you were down at their face level! Love the whole thing!

Wanda said...

Your pictures and choice of book was just "Ducky"

So reminds me of Santa Barbara...we loved to feed the duck at the pond at the end of Cabrillo Blvd. Live there for 6 years in the 70's. Jill was born there.

Out of Sight L said...

and again I repeat you take the best Bird photos ever and look at those little babies, wonderful, as always Sandy, atta girl!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

beautiful... beautiful... simply beautiful...

ducks are beautiful, and you capture it.

(my husband has been carving ducks/shore birds for ages...)

during last week, I saw two little birds, fighting and fighting and fighting. and one bird, just sitting around and watching the action.

now if this isn't early mating activity, I don't know what is. ,-)

sandy said...

Laura: I just kneel down - if I were to be flat on my stomach I wouldn't be able to get up. I use the view finder and put it right near there.

Hi Wanda - What a beautiful area you lived in.

Lorraine - thanks for the comment - i really love these guys and I'm limited on what bird life shows up so I take lots of photos of the ducks and seagulls.

Tessa - I wish you would post some pics - would love to see the carvings.

cat's momma said...

For Wanda...I know that area you are talking about! Lovely area and my daughter and I walked around those pretty neighborhoods last year when we stayed on Cabrillo at the Best WEstern.

Sandy, again, these pictures and the other ones you took and posted at your other blog...really great angles and location shots!

sandy said...

thanks Laura.

Inger said...

Lucky ducks, both stories and treats.

Brenda said...

Just curious what kind of camera you are using these days. These are so sharp and colorful! I haven't been blogging very much lately but need to catch up with you.

sandy said...

thanks Inger.

Hi Brenda - so great to see you here! I use Panasonic Lumix Fz70.

Hope all is well in your world and the girls! Seems like your blog is private - haven't been able to see anything these days.

Connie said...

Oh my gosh! There are so many of them! These photos are wonderful. Loved your story too. :)

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)