I've been taking so many photos as the weather has warmed up and we are out quite a bit. Our weather has finally warmed up to the mid 60's and I'm happy happy!
This black phoebe has been described as a "dapper flycatcher" - i just think it's a really cute bird.
The waters are still reflecting more golds and greens than blues which makes me happy ....once summer comes - blue and green and high contrast which makes for boring pics.
I enjoyed watching these two coots for a few minutes - just can't see enough of these feet - their fun to watch and in so many of my photos i see them look like they are smiling. Not so much in these.
Below is a new duck at the lake - I haven't identified it yet.
Cormorant drying his wings.
Another black phoebe
Today we have reading group at the lake - due to the warm weather we are now meeting several times a week. I must go pick out what book I'll read to them today.
I chose One Duck Stuck
LINK IS HERE
..."This glorious story is perfect for a muddy theme! One poor duck gets stuck and all his friends come to help, but one by one they fall in too. It’s great for counting up to 10 and for predicting what will come next....
This black phoebe has been described as a "dapper flycatcher" - i just think it's a really cute bird.
The waters are still reflecting more golds and greens than blues which makes me happy ....once summer comes - blue and green and high contrast which makes for boring pics.
I enjoyed watching these two coots for a few minutes - just can't see enough of these feet - their fun to watch and in so many of my photos i see them look like they are smiling. Not so much in these.
Below is a new duck at the lake - I haven't identified it yet.
Cormorant drying his wings.
Another black phoebe
Today we have reading group at the lake - due to the warm weather we are now meeting several times a week. I must go pick out what book I'll read to them today.
I chose One Duck Stuck
LINK IS HERE
..."This glorious story is perfect for a muddy theme! One poor duck gets stuck and all his friends come to help, but one by one they fall in too. It’s great for counting up to 10 and for predicting what will come next....

5 comments:
that black phoebe is precious!!!!
I love the gold and green reflections off the water. These are really nice photos. The feet on the coots are kind of comical. :) That book sounds like a really cute one.
Fun pictures and the coots have feet that always remind me of some kind of branch or something of a plant. And they're so big! (the feet, that is)
I hope they all enjoyed that story book because it sounds like something they'd get a kick out of. So nice to you to hold those get togethers and I'm sure they enjoy your reading to them.
just got back a bit ago and they DID NOT like the book - i'll have to do a post on that later.
Like I said...best ever! now what's this about a book?
Post a Comment