Friday, February 6, 2015

Every state has their positives and negatives - but Southern California is for the most part so awesome in the winter.   Even in the mountains today we will be in the mid 60's at least.  I have to say though, you who post your snow photos - i love looking at them and I know from living in the mountains fresh snow is so beautiful.  Hope you keep posting more snow photos (Lorraine, Daisy, Tessa, and whoever else I may have left out).


We sat here for awhile enjoying the weather - taken at botanical gardens.









 Lissa at the lake.  My "Dogs of Lake Gregory" file is growing and soon I'll have quite a variety of photos to pick from when I hopefully do my sketches of all the dogs I meet along the way. 


Strange thing - to me the woman walking this dog Lissa, looked like my mother would have looked had she lived beyond  60.  The woman might have been 70, not sure.  When I was growing up, we had a standard poodle like this one - named Pepe.  Just an odd little thing I noticed yesterday.



On Superbowl we went up to the Rim Sports bar top of town  - it was nice and the new owners have cleaned the place up and got rid of the druggies that use to hang out around there.  It's more of a place for people from about 40 up to our age and beyond.  Nice people, nice place to stop in for a beer.  We decided since we never do anything at night, last night we went up for Open Mike to hear if the town has any talent.   We had a beer and were only there about an hour and a half and wanted to come home - after all it was 9:30 - too late for me anymore to be out on the town.

One of the singers looked so much like my brother who passed away years ago.  He only liked like him from far away - up close not so much.  He had a good voice and sang Johnny Cash type songs.

So it seemed I saw two family members last night.




This is Desi, the other dog with Lissa.


6 comments:

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

"Rim Sports bar top of town"

that sounds like a fun place to drop into. so glad the new owner, took it back, as it were. I wish him well!

ahhhhh yes, I am no good at going out at night. -grin- want my recliner, and to be in my flannel nighty and robe, and be reading a book!!!! oh, with a glass of Harveys Bristol Cream beside me.

we'll keep showing snow, and you can show the beauties of your area. :-)

Ohhhhhhhh, a rescued grayhound!!! oh oh oh! I so love them! when I see one, and it convenient for the dog and the owner, I admire it. and if it is ok with both dog and owner, gently pet it.

we can't have a dog (allergic daugher), but if we could, I've always loved the idea of a rescued grayhound. :-))))

well, not anymore! too old to have to walk a dog, and have to let these dogs, run. ,-) same as too old, to go "out on the town"...

cat's momma said...

All beautiful pictures from the botanical garden and along the lake. Night out on the town, eh? Remember when we used to go out and not worry about the time? Like Tessa, I wanna be home at night in pj's and reading, playing games on Kindle, watching tv..some of it or all of it!

Margie said...

Such a treat to see all of your wonderful shots, Sandy.

Love the dogs ... I am such a dog-lover !

Out of Sight L said...

Oh so sad, and yet so well written it's almost happy and the photos needless to say are extraordinary, wow Sandy!

Connie said...

We made it up to the mid-40's today, so some of our snow melted off, but we still have quite a bit left. Loved your pictures, Sandy. What a beautiful day!

sandy said...

Hi Daisy - glad your snow melted a little. Do you get out to walk or is it too cold.

Thanks Lorraine

I love it when we pass by dogs - can't wait to start my sketches - just have other things to do still.

This will one happen once in awhile Laura. I do want to hear Karioki some Friday night - remember in Tombstone how good the locals were. People said there are quite a few good singers here in Crestline - so might be fun.

But i can only go for a beer or so and then back home before 10, lol. I'm a lightweight anymore.

Tessas in the winter - there are days I have my "cozy" long soft pants on by 4:00 - the older I get the more jeans drive me crazy by a certain time of day. I'll always be a jean person though - even if I'm in my 90's i'll be wearing jeans.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)