Saturday, February 21, 2015

SEE WHAT BEING A ROCK STAR CAN GET YOU

 (the banner is from last night when I had my candles lit and looked across the room and saw how pretty the cabins that my sis painted looked in candlelight). 


I happened to come across the link to the LA Times article on Joe Crocker's house being for sale.  I looked at all the pics and then saw that there was a Youtube tour of it.

(I would never want to live in a house this big and opulent - but I would take these acres of land in a minute!  He has two greenhouses by the way.)

To me this is one of the most spectacular and appealing celebrity homes that I've ever seen photos of, both inside and out.  I do love most of all - the library and a few of the bedroom suites - such a gorgeous house.

Here are a few pics (if like me you love to peek into the homes of celebrities)... and then if you want even more of a feel for the place i put up a youtube.

But if these photos are enough and you are having a busy Saturday - even these few images show you the  EXACT  KIND of place I could spend the rest of my days in.  RIP Joe who passed away at 70 (somewhat recently I believe).

(When you see all the photos - you will see that they had a great decorator who made each room look so welcoming and cozy.)



Below is just one of many awesome bedrooms.











And I doubt anybody has the desire or time to listen or look at two videos I've posted but I enjoyed this one below so wanted it on my blog.  This is Billy Joel doing a tribute song to Joe Cocker - singing Get By With the Help of My Friends - and he sounds just like him.  Great job. 


7 comments:

cat's momma said...

Wow, very interesting post and what a beautiful estate! I watched that video and I'm listening to Billy Joel singing Joe Cocker's song right now. Loved seeing that estate and grounds!

Wondering where you took the photo for your banner, what room?

Out of Sight L said...

wow i would rather live in a one bedroom small house near the ocean and trees, that would be my heaven, now let me go hear from from good old Joel, also enjoyed his songs, always good one Sandy

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

I-love-your-new-banner!!!!!! yessssssssssssss...

always fun to peek into the homes of the rich and famous. ,-)

but one thing that spoils it for me is, the way stylists change things, for photo shoots.

I would like to know, that I am looking at the home, as it was lived in. by the owner. not as the photo shoot stylist wanted it. -pout-

Connie said...

Oh my, what an amazing house! Way too big for me, but it sure is beautiful! I loved the Billy Joel video too.

sandy said...

thanks all, i agree -the house is too much - but i want the property, yeah!!

Brenda said...

Wow....I never would have imagined Joe Cocker having that much money. I just went on line and read that he worked steadily touring all over the world right up until his death. The detail and architecture of the home is stunning! Now I want to go listen to some of his music.

Out of Sight L said...

oh and I loved Billy Joel singing Joe Cocker, wonderful video

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)