I took a lot of photos because of how pretty it was that day. I drove around the whole lake, stopping at different points to photograph the lake and even started taking random roads to get as high up as I could. I eventually ended up in the village where one of my favorite Mexican restaurants is (Papagayos)... but just walked around a bit before heading back home. Always, if I am out around sunset, I try to delay getting home so I can get a sunset photo at the edge of the highway overlooking the cities below.
I did find out that Gwen Stefani and her husband visited Lake Arrowhead with their kids in October 2013. I love researching stuff so I'm going to dig deep and see who else that we would recognize, calls Lake Arrowhead their second home -...Hey I'm retired with nothing much else to do so might as well go sleuthing, lol.
Some of the photos aren't that clear - guess my camera doesn't do so good with moisture in the air - .. So Lake Arrowhead quite a few years ago, succumbed to the Outlet Mall craze. It's a nice mall - with a few stores I like to stop in and sometimes buy from. Bass and Jockey are my favorite go to stores.
I ended up at the village and walked out to the lake's edge to see the ducks. The view was so pretty.
On the weekend this boat is always moving -lots of people love to ride the ferry.
Outlet shops.
Below is the view as I was heading out to go home - shops and restaurants and a grocery store on top level where you can drive up to another parking lot. And basically this is all that Lake Arrowhead has in terms of business. It's mostly homes.
So - that's about it for Lake Arrowhead - not much to do but eat, shop and look at how the rich live.
(Not quite true - there are a lot of regular little houses and cabins also in this area). I've actually seen some that are affordable for me... but I don't think I would want to live here. I enjoy walking our lake too much and the small town feel where I live.
Got home and "Papa" was cooking a great meal for Cayden and I. It's nice living with someone who loves to cook - which I don't - I would rather take photographs and play, whether sketching, raking leaves up from the dirt in nice patterns or feed the birds and try to get them to land on my hand. I have to say - I am the one who cleans around here for the most part so I do contribute something to this relationship!!
I did find out that Gwen Stefani and her husband visited Lake Arrowhead with their kids in October 2013. I love researching stuff so I'm going to dig deep and see who else that we would recognize, calls Lake Arrowhead their second home -...Hey I'm retired with nothing much else to do so might as well go sleuthing, lol.
Some of the photos aren't that clear - guess my camera doesn't do so good with moisture in the air - .. So Lake Arrowhead quite a few years ago, succumbed to the Outlet Mall craze. It's a nice mall - with a few stores I like to stop in and sometimes buy from. Bass and Jockey are my favorite go to stores.
I ended up at the village and walked out to the lake's edge to see the ducks. The view was so pretty.
On the weekend this boat is always moving -lots of people love to ride the ferry.
Outlet shops.
Below is the view as I was heading out to go home - shops and restaurants and a grocery store on top level where you can drive up to another parking lot. And basically this is all that Lake Arrowhead has in terms of business. It's mostly homes.
So - that's about it for Lake Arrowhead - not much to do but eat, shop and look at how the rich live.
(Not quite true - there are a lot of regular little houses and cabins also in this area). I've actually seen some that are affordable for me... but I don't think I would want to live here. I enjoy walking our lake too much and the small town feel where I live.
Got home and "Papa" was cooking a great meal for Cayden and I. It's nice living with someone who loves to cook - which I don't - I would rather take photographs and play, whether sketching, raking leaves up from the dirt in nice patterns or feed the birds and try to get them to land on my hand. I have to say - I am the one who cleans around here for the most part so I do contribute something to this relationship!!
8 comments:
You make the most of your Sundays, don't you?! Gorgeous photos of Lake Arrowhead and surroundings. I, too, like Crestline's small town feel compared to Lake Arrowhead where you can't even walk all the way around the lake because of private properties.
Yes, I kind of like my alone days on Sundays - but football is over - so i'll have company again. So i'll pick another alone day to go to thrift stores and follow my nose to wherever it smells good like shops that sell smell good stuff. The lake is so pretty but to not be able to walk around it - that's just snooty if you ask me, lol.
More wonderful shots.
I so enjoy seeing them, thanks Sandy
Your 'cooking hubby'is a keeper ...LOL
Oh what a world you live in, I think everyday, then think I'd probably complain of the heat lol but i do love your photos sandy
that area has a story-book aura, to it. delightful...
Tessa~
I didn't know you lived by a Lake. Very pretty. I have a lot of catching up to do with my blogger friends!
Such beautiful views of the lake. It surprised me to see so many ducks in one place like that.
I'd rather be out playing in the dirt and planting something than to be inside cooking. My cooking days are OVER!
Cheryl Ann~~hubby does all the cooking now!
Post a Comment