Thursday, February 5, 2015

OFF THE MOUNTAIN

We took out for the day and went to botanical gardens, one of my favorite neighborhoods and it was 78 degrees!  Wow, that felt good - no jacket and beautiful scenery - things were blooming and it all made for a good day.

On the way home I got to stop at Z pizza - a little pizza place by Target right near where I use to live, order my penne chicken w/pesto pasta I love and sit outside with a Newcastle and tolerate the busy shopping area  (well that wasn't so great).  Z-pizza sits inbetween a Starbucks on one side and another little strip mall type restaurant on the other side.  Each one has an outside eating area - and all three were playing their own music - it kind of clashed and made my dining experience somewhat irritating - but the food was great.

After the arboretum and before my dinner we drove through Claremont and I took a few photos.

 My first ever photo of a Spicebush Butterfly - which pleased me!





It was a high contrast day - not my favorite for taking photos but a few turned out okay.






Three photos of the same area just because the lighting looks nice and I'd like to spend a day on that bench sketching but that won't happen.






Just a couple houses that caught my eye while driving through Claremont.  When I win the lottery, I will have a home in the mountains, a home in Claremont and a home at the central coast.  That ought to do it.













 And I'm happy I didn't post ducks today.  Another warm and beautiful day up here - in mid 60's or so.  Today will be some yard work I think and then a walk at the lake.  I should stay home and clean but i'll save that for the weekend when the clouds and chance of rain comes in.  Northern and Central California are looking at an atmospheric river of rain to pummel them with lots of inches.

and to add to this I HAVE  to put this video up - i love it.





9 comments:

cat's momma said...

Beautiful photos! The arboretum looks so pretty! The butterfly pics have such nice colors. Of course, I love Claremont too but 78 has been our normal for winter and I am tired of warm temps. Looking forward to a few days of rain coming, and I hope it doesn't miss the Central Coast. It seems they think it's still iffy. Let it rain!!

sandy said...

let it rain - i was adding a video to the post when you were commenting, lol. i love this video

Lux G. said...

You've captured really great images here. I especially love the butterfly and the branches. They look dramatic.

Out of Sight L said...

You take my breath away, lets add butterflies to birds, you master both atta girl, now my laptop is talking and it's irritating so I muted it, but now I'll go and unmute to listen to Bruno

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

oh gracious! I would like that coral painted house, please! ,-)

love the color. love the front window and little porches. and look at all the interesting roof details! very interesting. :-)

Connie said...

Beautiful photos, Sandy. Love the butterfly shots.

sandy said...

thanks for visiting. I love that house also Tessa - wouldn't mind having it and in that exact area - Claremont is such a cool little town.

thanks all and Lorraine - if I played that video on repeat i would get so much done especially would pick up the speed of my walking too. love the rhythm.

Margie said...

Wonderful photos, Sandy.
Butterflies are so beautiful ...

sandy said...

thanks Margie.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)