Sunday, September 6, 2015

BALBOA ISLAND, CA...FRONT PORCH DAILY


Another quick post today - we will be heading out the door soon - ... I know I posted some photos of this area and probably posted this house - but it's so cool - it deserves to be posted again.  We walked around Balboa Island within the last year and I had taken a lot of photos of the houses that face the water.   This one definitely stood out.  I'll no doubt post more of this area in future posts.

From the mountains where we live now - to the ocean - (Balboa Bay) it now takes about an hour and a half to get there ....  maybe a little less or more depending on flow of traffic.  I don't get to come to this area often but when I do I enjoy it so much.  There is such a different energy at the coast vs the mountains - and i feel energized when I'm there - I think it has to do with the salt air and the movement of the water.  At home - it's more a relaxed feeling - like you could lie down anywhere - in the house, on a hill side, against a tree - even  hugging a tree - and it is so peaceful.  At the coast - I'm always almost skipping along as happy as can be.   In one of my next moves hopefully it will include an ocean breeze.





Below is a view from a house a few doors down - all of these houses are incredibly expensive and incredibly beautiful - with a fantastic front all water front yard;))




10 comments:

cat's momma said...

Love that house and the waterfront...I don't really remember ever seeing this particular house before, so maybe you didn't post it before.

Dewena said...

I do love this house and especially the trim work. I don't know if it's a true painted orange or just the stain of the wood but I am so in love with orange anyway that this is gorgeous! Used against that rock is so cheery.

Connie said...

What a gorgeous house! I love all the stonework. How neat to front the water too.

Unknown said...

Indeed Sandy it is stunning, wow, ah to be a millionnaire, love also the water nearby, gorgeous photos, as always

Lux G. said...

Oh gosh this house is to die for. So beautiful.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

To only be an hour and a half from water!!!!!!!!

Annie said...

Just imagine having that to wake up to every morning.

sandy said...

thanks everyone. My biggest issue with these houses would be living so close to each other and having your front patio porch so close to where people walk along the walkways. But it definitely is gorgeous. Hope your weekend was great.

Rue said...

I've never seen that house before! Some of my family lives in Newport and we used to vacation down there in the summer sometimes. I miss it a lot. Thanks for the pictures :)

xo,
rue

Linda said...

How beautiful!

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)