Monday, September 21, 2015

I CALL THIS "THE SUNFLOWER HOUSE" ---Claremont, Ca


 The top two pictures were taken in February of 2009, and the bottom of the three house pictures was taken in August of 2009.  I LOVE the garden in front of this simple but really cute house.

We had walked here before the sunflowers were blooming and then we came upon it again later in the year.  From that point on I have always called it the Sunflower House.    I'm surprised I found this house from both dates in my files since I'm really unorganized.  I probably have even more photos of this house from other months and years but haven't come across any yet.




I see one sunflower in this pic right below - it must have made it through the prior summer.



We were walking down the main street in Claremont Village when I saw this sign and had to photograph it - The person who wrote it was SO happy that a Cheese shop was going to be opening up.



It was right on the same street as these shops but for some reason I only photographed the window not the outside of the shop.


Part of the main street through Claremont Village.



19 comments:

Dewena said...

I love the sunflower house but have to admit that the Monrovia house in your banner picture is one I would love to live in. All on one level, angled, character, tidy--I'd love to see the inside of that and what a great house for those like me in our senior years.

Claremont Village is a dream of a village!

Dewena

sandy said...

Dewena - thanks for the visit - I will post the rest of the Monrovia house tomorrow - I have some different angles but sadly not of the inside - (they caught me sneaking in, lol)..NOT. I love Claremont. My sis and I always enjoyed eating outside at Harvard Square restaurant where I would get my most favorite food in the world, PESTO pasta.

Dewena said...

Oh good! I'll look forward to seeing more of this house.

I'm back to say I forgot to say that of course I'll pray your healing prayer for Randy. What a beautiful smile this handsome young man has!

Dewena

sandy said...

thank u SO much for your prayers for Randy! He is definitely a handsome man and deserves wonderful health and harrmony and so does his family. Sarah is the beautiful woman in the photo near him.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Love that sunflower house!!!!

Especially since we can't seem to get them to grow. Actually birds and critters eat the seeds, before they get a chance to grow, we guess.

sandy said...

Hi Tessa - same thing happens in my yard .

cat's momma said...

Love the yellow sunflower house! It makes me happy just to look at it. And I miss the Village and those great lunches we used to have there...stuffing ourselves with pasta, bread and Long Island Ice Teas and then lazy the rest of the day!

cat's momma said...

Love the yellow sunflower house! It makes me happy just to look at it. And I miss the Village and those great lunches we used to have there...stuffing ourselves with pasta, bread and Long Island Ice Teas and then lazy the rest of the day!

sandy said...

yes yes and yes!

Linda said...

So nice to see the shops, and I love this house! I really like the yellow and green combination. :)

Lux G. said...

I like dainty and pretty little houses. The place looks so peaceful.

Unknown said...

That's wonderful what a nice thing to do, plus love the photos always, what I wouldn't do (except sell my soul) to have a little house....and I love cheese I mean wow

Connie said...

I love the yellow and green colors of the sunflower house.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Sept. 22

Happy Autumn Equinox Eve!

Gentle hugs,
Tessa

sandy said...

Thanks Linda - I wish I could grow sunflowers here (I love them so much) but the birds eat the seeds.

sandy said...

Hi Lux - I do too - all types, bungalows, craftsman cottages, my favorite houses now are the smaller ones.

sandy said...

HI Daisy - I'm anxious to go back and see if I can remember which street the house is on and if it's still yellow and green. I have a feeling this fall I'll be in a lot of my old favorite neighborhoods (for something to do other than walking in mountain neighborhoods all the time.

sandy said...

So glad u reminded me - I'm usually a step ahead of when the seasons officially change - somehow I forgot today.

sandy said...

I wonder if the cheese shop is still there - I've been to the village but hadn't remembered to look to see - as I actually forgot about it until I saw these photos in my files.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)