I use to work both at home and at the office in Monrovia. A lot of people don't like commuting but for the most part I could pick my hours and leave the house after traffic and come home before rush hour and finish up my work at home in the afternoon/evening. I always enjoyed the 45+ minute drive home because to me it was relaxing and I had "alone" time. My office was more in a commercial area, not really that close to this nice little town although coworkers and I would go up to the town for lunch some days.
These are a few more angles of the Monrovia House - and also the house across the street, the Red House (or is it orange)...
This photo below almost looks like a different house but yet it was right in with these pics sequence.
I have more houses from this street, which is basically in the foothills of Monrovia. I wish I had some photos from the little town there - it's one of those that host a weekly street fair during the summer and a lot of nice restaurants and shops.
I found a pic online of the entrance to the town.
I saw this over on Tumblr. I think if I had grandkids around (other than a 13 year old who would not find this cute - I would take them on a leaf finding hike and come back and paint leaves.
My eye sight isn't the best for details - are these actually leaves or has someone cut out fabric - either way it's a cute idea. Seems like leaves would tear easily but I tend to think these are real.
On Thursday we are planning to go to the Big Bear Alpine Zoo... which reminded me of the owl photos I took there last year. I don't remember if I posted them on my nature blog or here but since I saw them again thought I would show you what a flirt the owl was that day.





11 comments:
the colors of those houses are simply delicious!
and don't you love owls.
there is just something about them.
when i get past the fact that they are one of nature's most amazing killing machines!
on my bucket list is the entire length of california. i've never even been to any of it.
but all your posts just make me KNOW i have to go someday.
until then...
i'm just lapping it up here like a cat does cream! :)
♥
Yes I do love owls especially those who wink at me. And barn owls and ...all owls and I find their "hoot" very comforting for some reason - like evidence of life even at night when all is dark but the predators are awake and just outside my window - and I love it when the crickets join in the song.
California in my opinion is a beautiful state, oceans, mountains, deserts, cities, vineyards, ranches, farms, culture, museums, theme parks, San Francisco night life .... all of it - there is so much to appreciate and love. Thanks for visiting Tammy - I'll check your blog to see if you are all well again and feeling good.
Myrtle Avenue? I do miss that area. We would drive there occasionally to look around. You need to go back and get street scenes of downtown sometime. I am sure you'll enjoy the zoo! Wish we had a decent on near us.
That owl IS flirting....great pics of him and that house that doesn't look like it belongs with the others...I love the colors on it.
One more thing! I think that leaf project would be a great thing for kids to do, and I think Hannah would enjoy it and so would Ashlyn. I can't tell if they are real leaves or not, but I'd definitely try it on real leaves. Maybe they could paint some for Halloween to have around their houses!
Love that sign. And that owl.
Those house are pretty, and I love the leaf art too. They look like real leaves to me. The flirting owl made me laugh! What a great sequence of shots!
Well take pics if they do - i'd love to see their art.
well the zoo is out - traffic is going to be down to one lane heading up there until after Friday - so maybe next week.
thanks Daisy - i'm so happy fall is here!!! Can't wait to see the owl again - although it's postponed until next week due to road work on the hwy getting up there.
that is a great sign - ...and oh yes, the owl! thanks.
Love love love your blog - I'll be following you for sure. Those leaves are just amazing!
Post a Comment