I use to love to walk in the foothills of Upland when we lived down the mountain. There were a lot of hills to walk up and it was always good exercise. This particular street we would walk on - was the hwy we would take to go up to Mt. Baldy (which we did at least once a month).
I always loved the mountains so it's no surprise I ended up living in them. Mr. Baldy is a small mountain community (very small) but we enjoyed hiking behind the old ice house and then a visit to the Lodge for lunch or dinner.
When hiking up at Mt Baldy I use to like to go to the top as far as we could drive (one could go to a higher elevation only by ski lift)... which use to be the area for the Zen Center and some old cabins but what I loved most was the scenery. I made a few visits just to see this tree.
We would then stop in at Baldy Lodge where we always sat where that couple up at the bar is sitting on the right side of the photo. Almost always I got a turkey melt and a drink (we needed refreshment after hiking)...
(I neglected and want to say - these two Mt Baldy photos aren't mine but what I found on the net. I have basically these sames scenes but didn't want to go searching for them in my files). From what I remember it was a "Bob G" who took these photos.)
What was so nice about Mt. Baldy was it was only 20 minutes from our house.



8 comments:
I remember stopping in there from time to time when we would take Erin up to fish in those ponds not too far up the hill from that restaurant. I used to love to go up there too and see the snow. I also remember that it was almost impossible to get up there easily and quickly on the weekends in the summers because EVERYBODY wanted to drive there! I love that tree...I believe it's a grandfather tree...;) Also, I've always like that style of house too.
Yes it has to be a grandfather tree. We didn't go there when the kids were little - mostly discovered how much we liked it once they were grown and Mike and I would get out and many times took the grandkids here to play in an area behind the lodge (volleyball court filled with sand where they loved to play). I wish you could come down in the fall and we would go to some of the places during the week - that you use to like.
oh good grief charlie brown. how i love your life!!!
haha, I love it too...thanks Tammy.
Beautiful photos, Sandy! Two of my favourite things to see in photos are nature and store or restaurant fronts, and you have managed to capture both. Love this, thank you! :)
thanks Linda. I love store fronts and street scenes also. And of course Nature.
Pretty house, and what a great old tree! I'd make the trip to see it too.
Daisy - now that would be fun! U should make the trip to see it and I'll meet you for a beer and you can write poetry and I'll take photos!
Post a Comment