Tuesday, September 1, 2015

FRONT PORCH - ARROYO GRANDE, CA - HOLLY AND HANNAH'S FIRST MEETING SINCE TODDLERS

My granddaughter Holly who is the one in jeans and long blond hair and my sister's granddaugher and my great niece Hannah who is in the pink hat and dress, met again when they were out of the toddler stage, at my sister's house.  The front porch is the house they lived in (a house I loved) and since I found the folder with these cute pics of the girls thought I use post them today.  This was back in 2009 so of course, they are older now - both in 4th grade.

This was such a fun weekend - following them around and watching them play and get along with each other.  One of those moments in time I wish I could go back and relive.

Holly cannot pass a tree that she doesn't have to climb - wasn't but a few minutes before she had Hannah out in the backyard climbing trees.






These are just a few of the steps up to the front door - I remember I sprained my foot on these steps and it took forever to heal.




Checking out where they are going to have a bath later.








In some shots they really look like sisters.












and here is a photo of  them in the last year.

Hannah with her best friend forever Ashlyn.

Hannah and Holly are both tall girls - they take after their grandmothers.




Holly sitting in the back seat of our jeep letting her brother sleep on her shoulder.  Such a good sister.


14 comments:

annie said...

I'm on my way to posting pictures and history like this now that grand number 2 is on the way. So excited.

cat's momma said...

Oh, I love this series with the girls! It's so fun to see them together at that age and I wish they could have been able to be closer geographically so they could be closer emotionally and physically! Loved the post!

cat's momma said...

Oh, I love this series with the girls! It's so fun to see them together at that age and I wish they could have been able to be closer geographically so they could be closer emotionally and physically! Loved the post!

Linda said...

Awwww....what precious photos. :)

trav4adventures said...

Beautiful photos! Yes, they grow up so quickly!
Cheryl lAnn

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

How lovely to have a cousin, of the near same age.

Please, could you post a big picture of your Icon....? I wold love to really be able to see it...

sandy said...

That weekend was so fun - I hope Erin can get the kids up to Washington so they can run around and have fun (climbing trees) on tha big property.

sandy said...

thanks Linda.

sandy said...

thanks Cheryl - I can't believe how fast - it must be that old thing - about - how when u get older time goes faster. Because it has flown by.

sandy said...

Hi Tessa - it took me a few minutes to realize what you meant - I guess you mean my profile pic - is that correct? I will try to do that with my next post if I can find a bigger version. I never had a photo of myself with my dad since I was a kid. I took a photo of mine from the 80's of my dad and took one of myself from early 90's and collaged them together. I've always loved this one of him.

Wanda said...

Oh my....I remember when you were posting them as toddlers. They are still darling.

Connie said...

Such sweet pictures. My gosh, they've grown up fast.

sandy said...

ahh...those were the days Wanda - use to love to post pics of the little ones back then.

sandy said...

thanks Daisy - way too fast!

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)