My thoughts go to winter - I remember our first winter here in these mountains in 2013 and my love of red houses in winter landscapes. I loved driving by this one until they finally fixed their security gate and I couldn't drive through this area any more. But, I drove through it enough and I think I have photos from every season before they locked me out. This area was on the way to Lake Arrowhead - about a mile before you get to the village - This house is the first one you seen as you come down the road into a little -....I would say mobile home park with prefab houses. There are about 25 to 30 homes in this area and it is really hidden away . Many homes have docks and sit on little inlets that feed water from the lake. Yes...I could live here!
I don't think this is someone's house - rather it's the park office I believe although I never saw anyone in there.
The bottom two images I found on Tumbler - don't know who to credit them to.
And because I love to walk neighborhoods and see what people do to decorate around Halloween - I always intend to do something creative. When I saw this image I really related to it. When my kids were small I never decorated for Halloween other than to put a pumpkin out front. There were too many other things to do and decorating for Halloween wasn't one of them - I was busy enough trying to convince them that they were SUPPOSE to wear a costume to school for the Halloween parade. None of my guys ever wanted to do that (i had all boys) so I was just "over" it and gave up other than to always have a pumpkin on the porch during the season. I wonder if having girls would have made me different when it came to decorating for holidays.
We are heading into another weekend AGAIN...it is so true that the older you get the faster time goes by.




8 comments:
He, he! I'm the bottom photo (if I'm even lucky to get that far...) I love FALL and all the leaves and decorations. MAYBE this year I'll do some decorating!
Thanks for sharing!
Cheryl Ann
I LOVE that red house. I hope someone does live there and that the decorations mean that there are people actually living in the house....
You are so right about time moving faster as we get older---the months just seem to be flying by.....Soon, it WILL be Halloween!
Much thanks for coming by and for your lovely comment.
Well Maybe ....u will share pics if you do, lol.... I might also - a little bit - I have a pumpkin (some kind of ceramic) that has been outside on the deck in the corner since last fall ..I'll wash it off and use it when the weather turns cooler.
thanks Naomi - I was glad to see part III of your birthday celebration posted. Love your house in the hills and such a great view of LA.
Well, I had my daughter, but I don't remember decorating! I've never been one to decorate that much anyway. I love that candle photo! and, yes, red houses in snow...beautiful! Since we didn't really have a winter here last year, boy, am I ever ready!
We never decorated much for Halloween either, but my boys did like to carve jack-o-lanterns for a few years when they were younger. That was pretty much the extent of our decorating.
oh ...one of those cranky guys with no adventurous decorating, lol. Well you will have to share pics of the way you decorate in October!
i just imagine girls get more into decorating than guys. I do put out the"kids" every year now - those autumn dolls on a stick thing
Post a Comment