A local house I saw recently - not much of a front porch but i liked the smallness of the cabin and the rock on the house.
I was looking for Dean Martin songs today and came across this video which just goes with the photos I'm posting below. It was a treat to see both Martin and Nelson sing.
We went recently to Temecula - another Favorite town of mine but a good hour or more - away from where I live now. If there is a lot of traffic it can be a lot longer.
My grandson was visiting a friend in Menifee which is about 10 minutes from Temecula - so we had a day out before we picked him up.
I use to visit a nursery called the Painted Garden and always would take photos. We stopped by there there other day and it is owned by someone else now and has a different name (not sure what it is) and this guy displays all his metal art. I took many photos and here's a few - I love the mural on the wall and the wild horses made of metal.
If I like something - i have to take a photo of every angle - obviously, lol. I do have more photos of Temecula and ..have every intention of posting them....but then....I know myself enough to know I'll be on to the next adventure and never get them posted - or...will I.
I was looking for Dean Martin songs today and came across this video which just goes with the photos I'm posting below. It was a treat to see both Martin and Nelson sing.
We went recently to Temecula - another Favorite town of mine but a good hour or more - away from where I live now. If there is a lot of traffic it can be a lot longer.
My grandson was visiting a friend in Menifee which is about 10 minutes from Temecula - so we had a day out before we picked him up.
I use to visit a nursery called the Painted Garden and always would take photos. We stopped by there there other day and it is owned by someone else now and has a different name (not sure what it is) and this guy displays all his metal art. I took many photos and here's a few - I love the mural on the wall and the wild horses made of metal.
If I like something - i have to take a photo of every angle - obviously, lol. I do have more photos of Temecula and ..have every intention of posting them....but then....I know myself enough to know I'll be on to the next adventure and never get them posted - or...will I.
15 comments:
oh good grief! be still my heart!
dean and ricky and kokopelli all in the same post.
the video was wonderful. what beautiful men they were... and such voices.
i had a terrible teen crush on ricky. i always thought he was better than elvis!
that little cabin reminds me of carmel by the sea cottages... if it had a paned window.
that video was cool! I use to love to watch the Nelsons on TV - he died way too young. My dad once in awhile would break out in song (even recorded a song called Prisoner of War). He had the same quality to his voice as Dean Martin and probably if he had worked on it could have sounded just like him - in fact he basically did. I love Carmel - glad you reminded me of it - i loved the cottages - one day i had googled all the cottage in carmel and saved off photos to sketch but never did sketch them.
I'd say you had fun, with this photography!
And I had fun, with your movie clip. Some fine looking specimens of manhood, in that little piece!!!!
Tessa
What a gem to see and hear Dean, Ricky, what's his name, and John Wayne at the end of it!!! I so thought of dad as Dean was lying there smoking and singing...so easy for him with that voice to hit all the notes. By the way, It was Prisoner of "Love" that dad sang...but I can see how prisoner of war would just flow out. The cottage looks so cool and wow does that metal artist have talent! Loved everything I saw there. What a fun post!
Rio Bravo is a great movie and I really like that song :)
My boyfriend is from Temecula, so I really hope you do show it. The little house is cute and the nursery is really interesting.
xo,
rue
I'll go listen in a minute, I'm like you when I really like something (like photos above) I will take it from every angle, every curve, that's what do, us phtoographers lol
and you find the most interesting videos ever, my gosh even John Wayne was in, and Ricky Nelson, oh so young,? but hey I had forgotten all about how great Dean Martin was, love those fantastic surprises you show every now and then, love it
Beautiful music in the video. I really like the rocks on the house and the horse mural too.
Thanks Tessa. agreed!
I knew it was prisoner of love - but the word war came out typed, lol. yes that metal artist has talent ...we have a brochure - i really should post his name if i can find the brochure just because.
hi Rue - i plan on posting more from my day out. i always thought i could love living in Temecula. My sister and I use to go quite often to Lady of the Lake bookstore off of Winchester (a metaphysical type bookstore)... we would drive out from Rancho Cucamonga area and always go to the bookstore and have dinner out there. Love that area even though it's built up a lot.
thanks Lorraine - good to know I'm not the only one!!
thanks Lorraine - sometimes I have fun looking through old youtubes - ...what else is there to do in this small town, lol. I am good at raking dirt though.
thanks Daisy - ..have a great day.
That's a dainty looking house. :)
Post a Comment