Sunday, August 16, 2015

SNOW WHITE'S HOUSE IN OUR LOCAL MOUNTAINS - A FAIRY TALE BEING LIVED IN WRIGHTWOOD.


In Wrightwood a quaint mountain town sitting above the high desert in the San Gabriel Mountains - lives a fairy tale character and at least one of the seven dwarfs.  I'm sure there must be more dwarfs located around the property but without actually going up close to the door I can only see one from the road.  I wish these photos were better quality - I know my sister took some photos at the same time I did when we both walked by this place back in 2012.

This is another place I will be going back to in the fall as I kind of miss this little town after we moved away.






Rather out of focus photo below but you can see more of the house in this one.






Can you see the dwarf standing here by the front porch/door?



In the mountains you never know what kind of house or cabin you will run across - Wrightwood has a range of very expensive big log cabins to small odd little cabins.

This one sits right next door to Snow White.   I'm quite taken with the yellow on the cabin - i love yellow on houses.



And Red Doors - have a special meaning  - if I understand Feng Shui and red door symbology I think it means welcome - a welcoming energy but somewhere I also read if you want to invite abundance in to your life to paint your front door red.

I think it's time to get to Home Depot and start painting my front door.



And it's always nice to see a squirrel while out walking - This one is exceptionally pretty. - with a beautiful healthy looking coat.


7 comments:

cat's momma said...

Definitely remember that charming fairty tale house and the dwarfs and snow white! Also the yellow house is one I liked too. I would enjoy a stroll through Wrightwood in the fall 'cause I loved walking some of those neighborhood streets.

Connie said...

I love the yellow house. It looks so cheerful and friendly.

Terra said...

I think both of those houses are charming to the max.

Unknown said...

How lovely to see a fairy tale come true it's stunning even the slightly out of focus add charms Sandy and I love yellow houses and your beautiful photo of the squirrel and tree both so healthy, wonderful you

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Snow White's cottage... -clapping hands-

Tessa

sandy said...

thanks u all for commenting.

tammy j said...

oh i love both of those!
good lord! i've missed so many posts!!! how could that be?
i thought i'd been checking everyday! apparently NOT!
i don't even know if you'll see this comment.
but i love your blog. it just makes me feel good the whole time i'm here.
i want to move to wrightwood!
i'd have to pitch a j.c. penny tent of course! LOLOLOL.
somewhere just off the highway. with a compost toilet i guess. LOL.
oh well.
that's why i like it here. i at least get to SEE IT! love and hugs, tam

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)