A very small front porch but very appealing entrance.
A trend for at least the last ten years in Claremont has been to go the drought tolerant direction in yards. I find these yards so much more interesting to look at than a manicured lawn. A lot of the people that live in Claremont are artists and you can see their work in some of the yards (sculptures) The house next door to this house has quite a few interesting pieces but I'm not sure I can find the photos. This one always appeals to me when I walk by - the color they chose for the stucco and the plants they have.
14 comments:
Oh yes! Please... Do almost anything, but grass, in a front yard.
But grass, grass, grass is so all-over-the-place.
-sigh-
Even the green plants show up well against that pretty stucco.
Your pictures out in the country look like paintings, they are beautiful!
I'm so glad you had a piece of cake when you stopped by, Sandy!
Dewena
Wow! Those countryside shots are amazing! I want your camera. I love the color on the stucco with green trim...a beautiful combo in my opinion. And the natural looking yard is done so well!
Sigh is right - i actually like just dirt and plants in rock rings or borders etc.
I really liked the article about your life - really nice and yes the cake looked delicious.
i'm always amazed at how shots taken from the car come out ....in the right light that is...and of course i photo edit some of them a bit - not a lot...meaning to add or lessen contrast for the most part.
i love this little stucco cottage. i'm always drawn to that style.
i remember seeing albuquerque for the first time... and how even a large city is so creative with gardens ... front and back...
in using only stones and boulders and as you say... drought resistant plants and decorative big grasses. beautiful!!!
i'm wondering what those poor sheep are eating. the grass looks so brown!
ours is looking the same in places now too. our temps all next week are due to be in the 100's. days on end. does its work for sure.
i love this series you're doing here. thank you sandy! ♥
How green and lovely those drought resistant plant are. An inspiration for next year for me, perhaps.
Thanks so much Tammy - ...ugh - hope you can find ways to stay cool or stay inside.
thanks Inger - it is a good idea - don't know how they would do here in the mountains. Hope all is well with you.
All so lovely imagine being that rich, not posting much but i miss my friends, so will drop in occasionally ;)
glad to see u Lorraine!
I love the stucco and the colorful flowers against it. This is very different from the yards we have which are mostly all grass.
Beautiful scenes from the Central Coast area. Wow!
thanks Daisy! That's what I like about Claremont - very eclectic and different. but they have the traditional historic homes too. Love it. But what I saw of your neighborhood in the fall when you posted those pics (I still remember them) - i would love to walk in your area too.
Post a Comment