Thursday, August 13, 2015

FRONT PORCH DAILY, UPLAND AND MORE TEMECULA PHOTOS



I love this front porch - there is something....magical to me when I see it.  I'm not satisfied with just  the front view - I need to see more - inside - outside.   I imagine in the back yard a lot of yard art and a secret garden.  I want to go by here again some day in the near future next time I'm in Upland.  These photos were taken about four years ago.  I want to see what it looks like now.

I also need to find some photos I took as recent as six months ago - when we did this walk - Maybe I have some more recent ones and don't realize it.






A few views of the area in Temecula where lofts were built and they have their business on the main street and live upstairs.  I believe it was these that one of my sons helped frame five or six years ago - maybe more.

We use to visit Temecula quite a bit in the 80's and 90's - I can't believe how much it has grown since then.   This place is becoming a go to spot for people looking for wine tasting.  We didn't make it out to the wineries on this visit (we did a month ago when it was raining but I didn't get many pics).  I hope to see it again maybe in the fall.



















8 comments:

Dewena said...

I would need a color expert to help me pull off a look like the house pictured. It's all just right, not too little, not too much.

cat's momma said...

I love what they're doing when renovating downtown areas nowadays! They are so inviting. What little I see of this downtown reminds me a bit of Paso Robles downtown. The colors are great! And that house looks magical and I'm sure the back yard would be wonderful!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

In that house, the children could spend rainy days, playing there. And not get wet. and still be outside. :-))))

Hope it is still being cared for, when you go back.

Living over the store. That's the way it was, in olden days. Our drug store, stated in Civil War time, the owner lived over the store, in a lovely apartment up there. It's on a corner, so they had a porch, to which they could go, in the evenings, I suppose. :-) No A/C in those days!!!

We need to start a flexible Net "club"... Of people who love to picture architecture!!!!!!!!!!! Something like the old (and still going) "Daily Photo Of My City" blog(s). :-))))))) A fun thought, anyway.

Tessa

sandy said...

yes, love your idea Tessa - I'm always so interested in different styles of buildings etc. I will find my file from six months or so ago and see if that house is in that photo file when I last took pics there.

sandy said...

The house in person if I remember was a shade of purple but it doesn't show up well in the photos.

sandy said...

Yeah I kind of get what you mean about Paso Robles - another area I like to walk through their town.

Connie said...

I like all the greenery around that front porch. Temecula looks like a pretty place to visit. It looks very well maintained.

Rue said...

Temecula is much cuter than I remember! It really has grown too.

I want to see the rest of that darling house too ;)

xo

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)