This guy showed up at the window and exclaimed - "Hey I hear you are feeding us cats around here, do you mind if I have a bite" and ...continued to eat the whole plate I had put out for the three feral cats I am feeding - Mom and two kids.
I told him go ahead (he could be a she but I'll call him a he). He looks very well fed and probably has a home and just goes around the neighborhood for some snacks in between meals.
He is rather cute.
And then there is mama. I really like her - but I really think I annoy her. I'm always taking her picture whenever I see her.
She tries to hide but I find her.
I went out to the fence to enjoy my neighbor's garden while I was busy watching cats and birds and took several photos of her garden but this is my favorite. I love how it turned out.
And at the lake while walking yesterday - in between photographing cats, birds and gardens, I saw this pretty dandelion -....Nature is SOOOO darn beautiful.
Leaving to go walk soon - i'll probably put up front porch photos later. We are also meeting our son and his fiance and my grandson for dinner tonight so we will have a trip down the mountain. Hopefully Friday night traffic will be light by the time we come back up the mountain. I had never in my life heard a thunder and lighting storm like last night - for three hours. I was actually worried at one point thinking I should put valuables in a suitcase and some necessities - in case the lightning start a fire by striking one of the trees up here.
anyway ..off to walk

15 comments:
oh these pictures just take my breath away!
the third one would make a neat painting... if you're painting kitties these days.
so happy to meet a fellow lover and appreciator of dandy~lions! ... in every stage really!
I also love the cat hiding from you and the look in the cat's eyes and thought I'd incorporate that into a Halloween sketch I want to do. By the way, Friday traffic shouldn't affect you tonight because it's Thursday!! haha...I know you don't live by the calendar or time of day though.
thanks Tammy - i also saw your comment below. Your visits always make me smile. Hope all has been well at the Wren House
so all week long i've been a day ahead - we don't go down until Friday night haha...yes i don't live by a calendar. hope u sketch Miss Grumpy.
dandelion is something that always fascinates me.
Wonderful photos, Sandy! The orange flowers photo is gorgeous, and so is the dandelion. The trying-to-hide mama cat peering up and over at you made me laugh. She is giving you such a look! Hahaha!
Put cat food out, and they will come..... Needing it or not.
Do you have bears, in your mountains? Here, there have been black bear sightings around. One, only about 3 streets over from us. We have been warned not to put food out for birds, until bears hibernate. It is attracting the bears, who are trying to bulk up, for the long winter.
So I wondered, about your feeding the cats, on a regular basis??????
Tessa
There are definitely bears up here but if I read anything about deer or bears it appears they are across town and in an area that is more isolated. I have yet to see a deer where I live either but other parts of the mountain they are spotted all the time. It seems that the mama and her babies spend time at other houses also so I've decided only to put it out when I see them on the deck. When I go to put it out they run off but I call "Mama" to come and eat and she does. So I guess this family doesn't just live here - they live wherever they want to in this area of the neighborhood.
thanks Daisy. I haven't seen her kids since the day before yesterday - but she is still coming around to eat. I wish she would bring the kids around more often - they are really skittish. As for her, she is just a punk - giving me attitude, lol. But I think she might like me just a little.
Hi Haddock - I actually except since i was a kid never paid attention to them - but then I saw a video in slow motion of the life of a dandelion and since then, it taught me to look closer at nature and what was really there to see.
Oh my, love those kitty pics!!! That was nice of you to leave some food out for furry visitors. I like the peek a boo photo most of all, how cute is that!!!
Have a great weekend Sandy. G
PS: I forgot to ask, did you do the flower sketch for your avatar? It is so nice. :-)
thanks Geraldine - The avatar is actually not my sketch. I've only ever used my own sketches but I love this one - I had taken the photo one year at the County Fair. I actually think a high schooler painted it and did a nice job!
Hi Rosy - ...in certain light her eyes look really gold. Sadly, the kittens have been missing but she is showing up several times a day to eat and nap on the chair outside. You know the big storm we all had last week or whenever it was - anyway, haven't seen the kittens since then. I'm wondering if something happened to them. There was so much rain and lightning etc. The momma is coming by a lot now and actually meowed at the screen door for me to feed her.
Post a Comment