Monday, October 19, 2015

WRIGHTWOOD FRONT PORCH, CAT IN A BOX


Sis...Back in Wrightwood when you visited you let me use your card to upload your pics to my computer so I think these are yours.  I also took photos of the same house but so far haven't come across my file.

This was a house just up the block from where I lived on the best street name I ever lived on besides a street called Redwood, when I was first having kids.  The name of this street is "Lark".  I loved living on a bird named street.

I always liked this cabin.




This is just a small view of my deck in Wrightwood -  It was a large deck and I enjoyed sitting on the deck photographing birds and squirrels - our kitchen window looked right out on the deck.  The house I am in now has almost the identical set up insofar as where the kitchen area is and where you sit to eat.   In a way I miss Wrightwood, I really do, but I don't miss what we were paying monthly.  Plus, this house was too big and we didn't need all the room.  We went from a large 4 bedroom with a large family room and office downstairs in WW to a  smaller 3 bedroom where we live now.


I soon learned after researching that fledglings - not too long out of the nest they will eat until they almost go into a coma.  This one let me pick her up, she was so out of it.  I thought she was hurt but as soon as she came to full awareness she flew off.




and a few pics of the cat and babies today.

The last few days they are using their little cat box house we made them and also the kittens are playing all over my potted plants.  I did a little new arrangement after taking these pics so they won't knock stuff over.












10 comments:

cat's momma said...

I remember that cabin well and the street it was on. I guess I eat like a fledgling because I look like that after I make a yummy meal and can't stop until it's all gone...lol. Those kittens and mama look so cute using their boxy home and playing in the planters. Kittens have to check everything out that they haven't seen before, don't you know, and they are always looking for a comfortable, safe place to nap. You've got so much life up there in your yard,

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Mama goes in the box! Wow. Don't remember any such luck, when neighbors and I were trying to get a mama and her large brood of kittens, to a vet.

We had to try to entice them, into an mesh cage thing.

I suppose if you put the box, in a mesh humane catch thing, and get them used to it, you would be able to get them spayed. Ahhhhh but not yet. The kittens aren't old enough. Oh sigh... :-)

tammy j said...

oh sandy.
that little baby grey... be still my heart.
and that looks like the mama peeking out of the box house.
for winter you could wrap the box in a big old blanket... then put the blanketed box
inside one of those rubbermaid containers lying on its side.
they're used to the box... and the blanket would act as insulation around the plastic.
and the plastic would keep their little house dry inside... in rain or snow. hopefully!
listen to bossy nellie here! LOLOL!
you have lived in the most beautiful places. i just can't imagine it!
i love this blog! xoxoxo

trav4adventures said...

Oh, I LOVE the kittens! So dang cute! My 2 feral kittens are now full grown and pretty much stay in the yard. I SOMETIMES can bend over and touch the male, but the female will NEVER trust anyone! OYE! I really need to get them neutered and spayed...Right now they are just too quick and I don't have a cage for them...

Linda said...

I love the cats, Sandy, and the little fledgling is adorable!

Unknown said...

oh lovely houses Sandy and the cats, wow he's lovely such a tiny purr, I'm sure, nice to see you agree, break longer than I expected, nice to be back :)

sonia a. mascaro said...

What a lovely post, Sandy!
The cabin, the deck, the flowers, the bird and the cut cat and babies are so beautiful!
Thanks for sharing! :)

sonia a. mascaro said...

Wow! The header photo is just gorgeous!

Connie said...

The cabin looks great. I'd love that deck. Cute kittens pics too.

sandy said...

thanks all for your comments. I enjoyed reading them.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)