Friday, July 31, 2015

JUMPING AHEAD ON SEASONS - DAILY FRONT PORCH

I was in the mood today (due to the humidity) to post something cooler.  I have discovered since living in the mountains there are three seasons I love - the one I don't look forward to is summer.  Posting a front porch that reminds me of days to come and cooler temps.

Also will be posting some of my photos from the central coast of California - where there are many vineyards as well as beautiful beaches.

First off:  Front Porch in Claremont (about 45 min now from where we live).


This house use to have chickens in the yard and whenever I would walk by it I would take photos.  Lately the chickens don't seem to be around.  I loved how they decorated for halloween (taken 5 years ago).  I still walk by this house whenever we are in the area.  It's right down the street from the Claremont Colleges (this is such a beautiful college town).

Love this front porch - with or without decorations.










Some shots taken out of the window driving from our hotel over to my sister's house.

Because of a lot of road work being done through the main part of San Luis Obispo - we took the back route which is much more scenic.   I love this area!  Can't wait to go back over Thanksgiving.











This bottom photo is taken from the hotel looking out.



4 comments:

cat's momma said...

I love that house! That porch is awesome!
Your pictures of the countryside came so beautifully! I cannot believe you got that one from your hotel because it is so clear and like you are much closer...what a great camera you have! I enjoy seeing your take on our area because of how good you camera is and your different perspective on things.

Connie said...

I really like that porch too--so pretty. Your pictures at the end of the post are gorgeous. That is such a scenic area!

sandy said...

thanks Laura. I love that porch too - i might post more of the house with the roosters one of these days. I love your area - it's easy to take good photos when the sky looks like that.

sandy said...

thanks Daisy - i wish everyone could drive through these types of areas. The central coast has such a mix of inviting areas and microclimates. Napa is another area that's pretty but I actually think the central coast in this area is more scenic. Plus the ocean is in some cases less than 5 to 10 miles away.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)