Friday, February 20, 2015

I LOVE GREENHOUSE MISTY WINDOWS


At our local nursery they have a greenhouse that I have gone into just to take photos with a plant up against the window but these photos aren't from there.

 I was in heaven at the arboretum when I visited the greenhouse and admired many plants with that wonderful misty look behind them. Oh, I also like to stand still for hours and days on end just to capture a bloom opening like in this video below and of course, I'm kidding about that but I loved this video.  It's short and at about the 1 minute mark the white flowers that are blooming are Gorgeous!!





There is a daffodil...what I call a little farm...up in Twin Peaks. We drove by it yesterday to check on its' progress and saw little areas where the daffodils were blooming so i want to go back up today or tomorrow to see if there are more and if they are ready for their pictures to be taken.

Anyway here are a few photos from the greenhouse at the Arboretum we were at the other day. I realize I've been all over the place in the last week which also includes a visit to Fairmont Park in Riverside where I enjoyed the Muscovy ducks that hang near the lake. Tomorrow I just remembered, we are going to Big Bear with a grandson so I can see what's blooming even higher up the mountain. We will do a hike and he can ride on the Alpine Slide where I think they are still making snow.





 The few plants inside that had blooms were my favorite - that pop of color in front of the windows.



















11 comments:

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

the effect of the green house photos... so-not-winter... :-)

I can still remember the first time I saw a slow motion flower opening little film. it was brand new, as I was in college, way back in the late '50's. it was so amazing, to me. I still remember.

and today, we take such, completely for granted. :-)

cat's momma said...

I love the time lapse video and with the nursery windows behind the flowering plants, it makes for such beautiful photos!

trav4adventures said...

Oh, how cute! My grandfather used to have a greenhouse. I miss it.
Cheryl Ann

Margie said...

Oh, wonderful video and the photos you took are beautiful.
We have a greenhouse and I love it ...

sandy said...

thanks - ....

my grandparents also had a greenhouse/summer house....i use to love to peek inside.

Out of Sight L said...

so, so beautiful my brother has been a landscaper all his life there is nothing he doesn't know that's usually where i go to take photos of flowers, I'll have to ask him when they open....

Out of Sight L said...

so, so beautiful my brother has been a landscaper all his life there is nothing he doesn't know that's usually where i go to take photos of flowers, I'll have to ask him when they open....

Out of Sight L said...

and now I'M GOING TO SEE THE VIDEO ;)

Out of Sight L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Out of Sight L said...

wow I love these videos they make me believe in the impossible just the way they rise, it's a balm to my spirit, thank you so, so much Sandy, so either this won't be posted, or will posted twice or 3 times,....what's wrong with them grrrr

Connie said...

I loved seeing all the blooms, Sandy, both in the video and in your photos. We are still pretty buried in snow here, but I am more than ready for spring to come.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)