Saturday, February 14, 2015

LOOKING FOR THE SUMMER - BEAUTIFUL TRAIN RIDE AND MUSIC

For those of you deep in snow. 

I really like Chris Rea's voice but also his guitar - His guitar reminds me a lot of how I spent so many years of my life listening to "Govi".  I had him on in the background of my life probably for much of my 50's. 

I was searching Youtubes and when I saw this one I had to stop and watch it.  Wow - what a beautiful train ride.  I think you'll enjoy the ride.


16 comments:

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

-chuckle- guess what? you said the "bad" word! SUMMER!!!

lol. summer sounds so far away, that it seems to be out-on-a-distant-planet.

and here, snow continues to fall. and ice continues to be made, and be too much, to get rid of. and where oh where will we put all the ding-dang snow????

see? summer... I can't even say the word, at this moment.

,-)))))

but yes I know. we will not have any drought, in our summer, when it gets here. stop "bitchin'"!!!!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

mmmm, in my blog comments, you said that you like to see bits and pieces, of the life of other bloggers. oh me toooo!

and I would love to walk with you, in early evenings, when we can see into homes, through lit but not curtained windows. oh yes!!!!

mmmmmm, therefore, could I ask for more peeks into your home? rarely do you show any pics, and when you do, I really want more. but have not said this before. (have I???)

so I'm saying it now. once in a while, add some other bits of your life, to what you see, on your walks/rides... ? please...

sandy said...

okay you got a deal! Come and walk on warm nights and look into windows with me ...and i'll post more pics of my life - but my best pics are from when i had my big house and yard and i'll be glad to share some of those on my blog again.

sandy said...

in fact i stopped to take a shower but i'm gathering a post together about what love on valentine's or other times mean to me. it will be up later though - i may get a walk in before i get it posted.

Connie said...

We are deep in snow here. Got several more inches last night and this morning. Great train ride--definitely makes me ready for summer, or at least spring. :)

sandy said...

oh wow Daisy - i don't think I could do that much snow! I would have seasonal depression during those months.

trav4adventures said...

What a beautiful train ride! Thanks for sharing! Nice song, too! :-)
Cheryl Ann

cat's momma said...

Oh, wow, that HAS to be seen on the full screen size! I felt like I was sitting on the front of the train and it was the most beautiful ride accompanied by that wonderful voice! Got to look him up for more music.

Tessa, I'll trade you 83 degrees for a foot of snow! Couldn't handle more than that.

sandy said...

hi laura - remember the song "Fool if you think it's over" ...he did that. I love his voice and guitar - he has a LOT of videos and has made many albums.

i just got back from a walk and hopped aboard the train again to take that ride.

Margie said...

No snow here!
It was like summer, 70 degrees ...loved today!
Great video ...

Out of Sight L said...

oh my gosh Sandy I haven't listened yet but Chris Rea sings one of my favourite winter song: Driving Home for Christmas, now I'm going to listen to it and I'm sure I'm gonna love it, thanks Sandy

Out of Sight L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Out of Sight L said...

Oh and this one is just as stunning and what a beautiful view, I love trains I love his voice and the guitar, and I have to buy a cd wow his music is fabulous look for : Driving home of Christmas, you'll love it so much, and thank you for this one...oh gosh it made me feel so good....

sandy said...

I'll check it out Lorraine -thanks...

Margie - glad your weather is nice and warm. Another beautiful day here and another day out doing something.

gotta go find that recommendation from Lorraine.

Winifred said...

What a gorgeous video. No snow here this winter. If we had as much as that I'd be listening to Chris Rea singing the Road to Hell!

sandy said...

HI Winifred - sounds about right - Road to Hell... sounds like u know Chris Rea's stuff. I love his voice.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)