Tuesday, March 17, 2015

BOYS CAN JUMP TOO

Jake has a charming personality along with the ability to jump.  I noticed the whole time I was there playing with the kids, any aches or pains I have - joint stiffness on waking up - twinges in the back - etc...all disappeared.  I figured it out.  I spent five days playing with the kids whether it was games at home or walks in nature or neighbhorhoods - ...I was having fun - away from my normal routine (which I pretty much love my normal routine but at times it can get a little mundane) and I think this made a difference.

This is some more random photos mostly from their neighborhood and since I took the photos of Mackenzie the day before yesterday - ....when just Jake and I were out walking yesterday we stopped and i took some of him by those flowers.

Then he had to jump.

I take a LOT of photos of the grandkids when I finally see them and the one thing they will probably always remember most about me is I was never without my camera.  I learned my lesson one day as we were going to dinner and I left it at home - ...there were a family of deer and I could have gotten some good shots had I had my camera with me.  That didn't happen again the whole trip.
















Jake looks a little bored but he indulged me.



Now we're doing what he wants to do.







and now a few photos that don't have kids in them.

As seen on the same walk with Jake - this is what's blooming right now in Bend.

Crocus is all over right now.



Not sure what these bushes are but they are so pretty.








These little flowers are about the size of a pencil erase ...no way smaller than that.  They were all over at Shevlin Park - I can't believe something so beautiful gets walked on once they sprout.

In honor of St. Paddy's day - I told Mackenzie and I firmly believe there there are extremely small little elves and fairies under these rocks.  When you move the rock you see their little tunnels .  Mac moved the big rock and her and I saw one wave to us as they scurried down the tunnel to leave us amazed and excited; )


16 comments:

cat's momma said...

I recall when Hannah was much younger we took her to that little garden in Cambria and there was a faerie garden with a sign that had the faerie pledge. I had her raise her hand and say the pledge. lol. I bet the kids are going to miss all that special attention they got from you guys! Glad you had such a great time there!

sandy said...

Yes they probably will - so will I, ...I got lots of attention from them too...lol.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

your grands are soooooooo cute!

and I love it, that you are giving them a bit of magic and whimsey. so necessary, in a child's life...

you were having different experiences, while away. they took up your entire concentration. different from usual every-day-happenings.

where our concentration is, there we live. ........ maybe.........

Tessa

sandy said...

i love what you said Tessa - ....where our concentration is, there we live...totally agree with that. thanks.

Connie said...

These are great pictures, Sandy. Those kids have the cutest smiles. Love the flowers too!

sandy said...

thanks Daisy - i love their smile - Jakey's is just like my son's smile when he was little.

Wanda said...

Sandy, they are so adorable. Such cute personalities shinning through the photo's. I'm getting so excited for our trip.

Margie said...

They are precious and what great smiles ...
Great photos , Sandy ...

sandy said...

Wanda i know you'll have a great time in Oregon. Some day I'd like to see a lot more than just the central part of Oregon where we go.

Be safe.

sandy said...

thanks Margie . I googled Moab - looks like a wonderful area and I love the look of the town.

Out of Sight L said...

Priceless......love your header, way to go Sandy

sandy said...

thanks Lorraine.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

3/19

re: your comment here... no, I'm not familiar with Anne Lamont. will look her up. thank you!

Brenda said...

Oh my gosh! They have grown so much Sandy! And even cuter...if that is possible. I am really trying to make more time for blogging and reading blogs. I really miss reading posts from the friends that I have met over these past years. Thank you...for leaving a comment on my blog. It reminded me to stay in touch. Hugs...

sandy said...

Hi Tessa - I've only read her nonfiction - i really like her.

sandy said...

Nice seeing you here - Hope you find more time to blog.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)