Friday, March 13, 2015

QUICK HELLO FROM BEND

Our visit with the grandkids is going great - really enjoying seeing them.

We were up early and went to downtown Bend which is about 10 minutes away - to have breakfast and walk around "mirror pond" at Drake Park.  We also walked through some beautiful older neighborhoods.

I am just posting a few that I took this morning - One of the places I wanted to get to for a walk was this area.  I have been here in the fall and it was gorgeous but it's just as pretty almost ...as it was then. 


I waited for the ducks to swim in the water with green reflections.



 I took every view imaginable in this area - and then behind these houses, is a road with the front of the properties - first time i had walked there.





so - just a few of the many photos I've already taken.  We're inbetween walks - waiting for the grandkids to get back from school.  It's great seeing them all up here.

14 comments:

cat's momma said...

I love that area to walk! Would have really enjoyed being wth you for that one! Hope you got pictures of the front of the houses too. The photos of that lake are so beautiful! Glad to hear you are enjoying the visit, but I knew you would!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

wow! what a place! what a Banner photo!

and a quick HELLO back!

Tessa

Renie Burghardt said...

You do take some gorgeous pictures, Sandy, of gorgeous places! Glad you are still here on Blogger. Sometimes I miss blogging, but Facebook is so much easier, these days. Will be back to visit. I always enjoyed your blog! Renie

Wanda said...

Oh my, it's absolutely gorgeous. How fun to be with your grandkids. Thanks for taking time to share your pictures ~~~they are outstanding.

sandy said...

thanks all - ...not sure when Ill get back on but for sure next week.

sandy said...

Renie - wow it's been so long - nice seeing your name here! Hope all is well with you. I do FB too but not anything much or that interesting. I still prefer blogging.

sandy said...

Wanda ...you'll be in Oregon soon if I remember right - have a great time.

sandy said...

glad to read at your blog that you're feeling better.

sandy said...

wish you were here Laura - you would enjoy the weather - cool and even rain coming this weekend. i've taken way too many photos - but then when have I not.

Out of Sight L said...

Oh wow you are seriously gifted, so so beautiful enjoy your time there, and take more photos lol have a great weekend Sandy

Margie said...

Wonderful shots, Sandy ...
Enjoy your time with the grandkids ...I know you will ...

sandy said...

aw ..thanks Lorraine! We have had a nice time and tomorrow we have to leave - but we will come back here in May which makes me happy. And...everything will be in bloom then.

sandy said...

thanks Margie - we are!

Connie said...

I love the yellow tree and red house and the way it all reflects in the water. Great pictures!

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)