Tuesday, March 10, 2015

LEAVE-ING ON A JET PLANE DON'T KNOW IF I'LL COME BACK AGAIN (I love Bend)



Hello and goodbye for a bit - Don't know how much I'll blog while I'm gone -

Thought I would put up a few more from Big Bear.

I don't know about you - but we are definitely having spring showing up now - in the mid 60's here and down the mountain it's been in the high 70's and low 80's.

Soon it will be getting too warm to walk down below but still nice up here.

 I've been keeping at eye on the weather in Bend and it looks like their temps are almost identical to what we are having in our mountains.  We are close to the same elevation - where we live and where my son lives - approximately give or take some feet - about 5000 feet.

I guess I won't have to pack much warm clothes except their nights are still cold like ours.

When i get back home it will be time to check out all the wildflowers sprouting in the areas and at different botanical gardens.

It's my job (but it doesn't pay well except in beauty) to monitor nature.












9 comments:

cat's momma said...

Wonderful colors in these photos. That top one is one I think I'd like to try to paint.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

have fun!

your use of that old song, brought back memories. I used to net-know a military couple. at times, he would be deployed and at times, she would be.
every time I heard that song, it reminded me of them. "leavin' on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again, oh babe, I hate to have to go..." makes me want to tear up a bit....

Tessa
-sigh-

sandy said...

I hope you do paint it!

sandy said...

Memories eh!? That song just popped into my mind when i was posting - Oh i definitely will have a good time - those kids keep me laughing for sure. thanks.

Margie said...

Have a wonderful trip in Bend.
Love the photos, my fav is the third one...

Wanda said...

Have a wonderful trip Sandy. I'll yell hello across the state when we get to Jill's in Brookings OR. You on a jet plane...we're driving...

sandy said...

thanks Margie - that third one is overlooking Big Bear lake.

sandy said...

Hi Wanda - I'll think of you and wave a hello from DeSchutes Brewery while having a beer!!
Have a great time okay.

Connie said...

Pretty scenes here. I really like the light in the third one.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)