Well, it's more that i'm just lazy - i could go out - it actually stopped raining for awhile. But I was talking with someone at another place today about crows and ravens. Which reminded me of my own crow pics the day a crow came by to visit.
I've been looking at crow/raven videos today and they are so smart. One video showed a crow coming to a group of people and wouldn't leave their area and kept poking at a water bottle until the person finally realized the crow needed water. He poured some water in the cap of the bottle and once the crow got the water he then flew away.
I think our visitor was definitely thirsty. First we fed him and then he kept hanging around and jumped up on a chair and stayed awhile and finally we thought - hey he might be thirsty. We gave him water and then he eventually took off.
We have some crows or ravens that fly over the house quite a bit and for awhile roosted in our cedar tree off the deck. They were around for about a week or so and then moved on to another area. They hang around in groups.
You've probably seen the story that was trending the other day about a little girl who feds the crows and they would bring gifts to her, little pieces of whatever they could find - and leave near where she fed them. What a sweet story. and the next thing I blog will be about the gnomes in the tree down by the lake (for Tessa)...who likes the more magical events than the mundane ones - well who doesn't!

3 comments:
I saw that story about the little girl and thought it was so interesting! They are indeed smart and I've seen other videos that show how smart they are. The bird that visited you must have desperately needed food and water!
How cool! Great pictures. I'm surprised that it took food by hand like that.
adorable and you're just so good to them, I love that about you
Post a Comment