Tuesday, August 4, 2015

MONDAY AND BACK FOR DAILY FRONT PORCH - PRESCOTT, ARIZONA

We have been to Prescott 3 times, from early 2000 with the last time being in June of 2012.  When we go to Prescott  we also drive  about an hour away  to  spend a day or two in Sedona.  I love being in both of these places.

The last time we went we drove through some neighborhoods right close to town and as typical of most downtown areas, there are the usual old style homes.....leaving the outskirts and suburbs areas for newer developments.   Prescott is above the Phoenix area.  Going east from our house down the  10 freeway - it would take us about 5 plus hours to get to Phoenix and another 2 hours to go north to Prescott.   I learned after being there you don't pronounce it PrescOtt but PrescUtt.

I'll share a few future posts about Prescott with some pics from the area.




Any town I visit I have to stop by the windows and peak in at the galleries and sometimes i'll walk through them but I'm so tempted to take photos and it's hard not to ....so I pretty much stay out of them and just take photos through the window.

No one has ever stopped me from taking pictures but I feel kind of squirrely when I take them in art  galleries.  Nurseries are different - and i feel more comfortable in them taking photos of whatever art they might have.



Love the colorful displays.



Any anything Van Gogh - stops me in my tracks.




The Bird Cage Saloon was going out of business evidently and people were stopping by and leaving messages on the nailed up wood over the windows.







Prescott is one of those cities that has a townsquare in the middle of town and the main street built around it- this is just one side of the main streets.



For some reason I must have thought this photo looked sweet.    They are on their way toward central park area.


A place we stopped in for something to eat - I liked the architecture and openness.






and in a strore front - this beautiful tiger painting.





14 comments:

tammy j said...

i so enjoy seeing the world through your camera!
thank you.
that tiger painting is rather amazing. in its composition and the light seeming to come from it. beautiful.

sandy said...

thanks Tammy - i needed to take Sunday off - to get inspired again on Monday, lol. Yes I love that painting!

Connie said...

Neat pictures, Sandy. That looks like a beautiful home. I love the hanging sparkly, colorful shapes in front of the paintings on the walls. The town square looks a lot like the town we used to live in with the courthouse in the center of town.

cat's momma said...

I think I'd like Prescott from your pictures! And that tiger painting? WOW!

Kailani said...

love both towns. We will eventually retire to AZ..hopefully around Chandler. Much hotter, though...

Unknown said...

Wow I loved all photos, so interesting and diverse and the spider, wow , spiders don't scare me and I thought this one was neat, I love how everything interest you, that makes you a very interesting to know and blog with, wonderful Sandy

trav4adventures said...

We LOVE Prescott! I didn't know the saloon was closing...very sad...our son and his girlfriend announced their engagement to us there years ago. You should visit the Georgia O'Keefe museum in Santa Fe. You CAN take photos there...just no flash and some photos there you aren't allowed to take photos of, but they have signs next to them. Hubby and I went NUTS there!

sandy said...

Oh...another Prescott lover! At one time before we actually retired we thought about living in Prescott. These were taken in 2012 so don't know if the Bird Cage opened back up or not. I would love to go to Santa Fe - never been here - or Taos. Have been through Albuqurqee (sp)..as a kid.

I'll be posting more of Prescott in future posts.

sandy said...

I don't think I've been through Chandler - I'll have to google it - I know we went through Williams one time near ...arg...can't think of why we were over there....but it was a quaint town we drove through kind of up and down on hills and artsy.... usually we went to Tombstone, Bisby, Sierra Madre area and in the past through the Parker and Havasu areas. My dad lived in both areas Tombstone and Parker when he was alive.

sandy said...

thanks Lorraine - I don't mind spiders or bugs - as long as they are not poisonous. One thing is for sure - almost anything interests me enough to take photos of - my camera never stops clicking when we are out - in fact - it has a mind of its' own and sometimes I'm surprised by what photos it takes - of which i had no idea or don't remember seeing something.

Rue said...

Hi Sandy :)

The Birdcage was burned down that year and has since reopened about two or three doors down. Downtown Prescott has a fire about every 2 or 3 years. It's an odd phenomenon that started with the burning down of The Palace in 1900. In fact, there was a small fire this past year down there.

The restaurant you went to, inside the mall, is called the Prescott Brewing Company or PBC to the locals.

I'm not saying I live there, but I might ;)

xo

sandy said...

thanks for the info Rue. Never knew they have a fire so often in Prescott. Lucky you if you move there - i like it so much.

Rue said...

LOL I meant I might live there and I might not ;) I keep my hometown private on my blog.

xo

sandy said...

i noticed you do keep it private Rue - but guessing you might be somewhere in so cal.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)