This time of year I usually go over to "Playground" area to get sunset photos. (The name of the street is Playground ... this isn't a park just a wide open space) This area, you can see from a few photos down, is an area where the hang-gliders take off from and often we can see them floating in the sky as we are coming home back up the mountain from being down in the valley.
I keep wanting to get there on a day when conditions are right and they are taking off so I can get pics.
Sunset was gorgeous but I got there pretty late - just got the end of it.
They take off from here and glide down the mountains and I've seen their landing point but never got a photo of it. It's somewhere down there.
This is a house in Upland we pass, when we do our walk in this area. I've seen bottle trees before but this is one of the few times I got photographs.




12 comments:
Often the after-sunset photos are the most colorful or beautiful ones, and these are very pretty with all those colors! Is there a reason, besides just for decoration, for bottle trees? Before I saw the photos I thought you meant bottle brush trees, which I really like when they are shaped into trees.
By the way, I did watch that video of the horses and it was so beautiful to watch...had a really good energy and feel about it.
By the way, I did watch that video of the horses and it was so beautiful to watch...had a really good energy and feel about it.
Often the after-sunset photos are the most colorful or beautiful ones, and these are very pretty with all those colors! Is there a reason, besides just for decoration, for bottle trees? Before I saw the photos I thought you meant bottle brush trees, which I really like when they are shaped into trees.
I would love to watch the beauty of hang gliders but I wonder how they ever get their nerve up for that first flight. I remember reading Anne Morrow Lindbergh's account of her first time in a glider, solo, and how much she loved it. I think she learned when they were in California. Wouldn't it be something if it was in that very same spot?
Such a gorgeous sunset. Your photos are lovely!
Thanks Linda.
Hi Dewena - I think some of us have that adrenaline junky part of their personality and most of us don't. I sure wouldn't do it. I am interested in finding out about Anne Morrow Lindbergh's account of the glider solo. I will search for that on the net. That would be amazing to me if it happened to have been from this area. I am going to link to whatever site I can find that might give out dates when groups take off from here. (If I can find such a site). It's only about 3 miles away from where I live but there was only one time I saw anybody up there and it was late in the day and it was a few people watching other gliders. Somewhere I have the photos. I have a mission in mind to see this some day! So I trust that my intent will put me there at the right time some day.
I think the bottle trees are just an artsy thing - or...my bird brain is suggesting that possibly it is to attract lots of butterflies and hummingbirds to the area - especially if they also have plants around that they might like. I've seen this done in other yards before.
well... that is a first for me.
i've never heard of bottle trees before!
rather beautiful with the sun shining through them.
the sunsets and vista are lovely. just so lovely sandy. xo
wow how did I mmiss that , oh so so lovely Sandy xo have a great weekend
Such a beautiful sunset! Pretty bottle trees. I like how they are multi-colored.
Post a Comment