Thursday, August 27, 2015

TODAY'S DAILY FRONT PORCH - BEND, OREGON - some birds, AND adorable kids



We have made several trips to Bend, Oregon in the last three years.  I always love to photograph the houses I see on my walks.

Here is a front porch I like.








In the area of Northwest Crossing this neighborhood has many different styles of houses and porches.  I always feel a sense of "home" while walking here - great neighborhoods where all the streets lead to Compass Park - a great place to hang out with the kids and feel their energy.





Well look at this one standing all straight and proud - not my taste but I do love the tree in front and the stone on the front of the  house.  This house is lacking something - ...a big front porch.



 Hope your day is great - see you tomorrow for another episode of "Who is that Lady photographing my House."

..Addendum:  The rest of the post will have to be done later.  Nature is calling and not in the way you might think.    It's a Stellar Jay and it's whole family calling out for their peanuts.  I can only ignore them so long.

12 comments:

tammy j said...

LOL! can't think of a better way to be interrupted. you really MEANT ... NATURE calling... in the form of those insistant jays!
they are so beautiful.
as are these pictures. oh to walk in a neighborhood like that. ... and with all the pine....
just lovely.

Annie said...

My heart always feels so much better when I see your porch posts. I'm sure it's because of the welcome that emanates from them.

cat's momma said...

Love those porches and houses...and houses definitely need a front porch! It makes it look so homey. That banner is gorgeous by the way!

Terra said...

Those two porches are very beckoning and I agree, the third house needs a porch. I enjoyed visiting the old part of Bend with the older homes and mature trees.

Dewena said...

Beautiful banner! I love the blue jays, the clowns of the birdfeeder!

Unknown said...

How I yearn for a house, any house, but these sure are beautiful Sandy xo and love your delicate header, have a great weekend x

sandy said...

Hi Tammy - yes the jays are insistent - even after I just feed them they scatter to hide the peanuts and then are back for more.

sandy said...

There is a welcoming feel to front porches for sure - most of them. Glad they uplift you Annie!

sandy said...

Hi Terra - Oh yes I love the older part of Bend also - whenever we are in the car driving I'm constantly shooting photos out the window - there is an area over by Drake Park (Mirror Pond) that has some great old houses. Near town and also some of the farther out neighborhood streets.

sandy said...

Hi Dewena - thanks - i call the jays here "Pirates" and the acorn woodpecker "Clown".. It's funny how we give them names based on their personality.

sandy said...

Thanks Lorraine - ...I sure hope u get that house you want some day.

Connie said...

I like those wicker chairs on the one porch. They make it look so inviting.

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)