We were walking over at the lake when something happened that I've been trying to do for 14 months, since we moved in here. That something is get a photo of the two or three Bald Eagles that we knew hung around up here. We have seen people out with their digiscopes set up attempting to get photos.
I have seen them up in the sky but my camera isn't capable of capturing them so far away.
Finally the other day Mike pointed to one that was flying and I did get a few photos in flight. When he landed on a tree very high up I was doubtful I could get a clear enough pic. We must have waited for 10 minutes while I kept clicking photos and finally got him doing something other than sitting very still. I got several photos of him changing position but this one is the best.
Yesterday while Mike enjoyed football I took off and went to Lake Arrowhead hoping to get some sunset photos.
I love the reflections on the water - so beautiful!
Coming back along rim highway to go home - the wind had kicked up - a cold wind but I managed to get out of the car to get this photo.
It's amazing how many days the clouds bank up against the rim of the mountains and looks like an ocean! You almost feel as if you could step right out on the clouds.
This is what it looks like at about 5000 feet above the city. Down below this sky ocean humanity is busy shopping and getting ready for the holidays.
Up here we are just chillin, lol.
a very cool video i hadn't seen before.
and a christmas card i made from a bird drawing i did.
I have seen them up in the sky but my camera isn't capable of capturing them so far away.
Finally the other day Mike pointed to one that was flying and I did get a few photos in flight. When he landed on a tree very high up I was doubtful I could get a clear enough pic. We must have waited for 10 minutes while I kept clicking photos and finally got him doing something other than sitting very still. I got several photos of him changing position but this one is the best.
Yesterday while Mike enjoyed football I took off and went to Lake Arrowhead hoping to get some sunset photos.
I love the reflections on the water - so beautiful!
Coming back along rim highway to go home - the wind had kicked up - a cold wind but I managed to get out of the car to get this photo.
It's amazing how many days the clouds bank up against the rim of the mountains and looks like an ocean! You almost feel as if you could step right out on the clouds.
This is what it looks like at about 5000 feet above the city. Down below this sky ocean humanity is busy shopping and getting ready for the holidays.
Up here we are just chillin, lol.
a very cool video i hadn't seen before.
and a christmas card i made from a bird drawing i did.

7 comments:
This was a wonderful post with lots of different and interesting things in it. Your eagle photo is magnificent! I know you have lots of patience, trying to get just the right photo! The photos are amazing and I love the ocean of clouds...really cool. Enjoyed the video and I already mentioned somewhere else how much I like your dressed up birdies.
Good afternoon. Dark and dreary here this late afternoon. Looks like it could snow. Haven't been back from the Pain management doctor for too long. Got another Trigger Injection into my back. Hope by Christmas morning I will be feeling terrific.
Thanks for your visit, I see we have several blogs in common we like.
My cousin sent me the post about the "f" word and when it's acceptable to use it. LOL Actually I get a lot of my post from emails I receive.
Here's hoping you and your family have a very Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.
P.S. I'm also on Facebook as Patty Custer Lincoln. Custer being my maiden name and Patty rather then Patricia, since I went by the name Patty all through school. Again, thanks for your visit.
Hi Patty - i've stopped by here and there at your blog - I found Abe's blog years and years ago - and ...hope he's doing well, haven't been there for awhile. I always enjoyed your jokes when I stopped by and that "F" one was hilarious, lol.
I'll find you on FB.
thanks Laura - I definitely have a lot of patience when it comes to stalking a bird, lol.
Sandy everything is so beautiful all of your posts are magnificent but I can't comment so when i when a spot on any where i can comment i do I loved the song the words the eagle everything you posted, why oh why does it keep on disconnecting me, all is stunning, Merry Christmas my dear if ican't get back to you before then xxx
Another great post! I think the eagle shot is fantastic!
Post a Comment