Thursday, December 11, 2014

MORRO BEACH STRAND

When we were visiting my sister and her family, they took us to Morro beach strand. I couldn't believe in all the time we have been going up there I had never been to this area.  I've often been to Morro Bay but we never went on the "strand" side of the big Rock.  The lighting was incredibly difficult to get good clear pics - but it did give some good "mood" shots.  It was blinding at times looking back to get pics - with a little adjustment though in photoshop - (trying to even out contrast where you can actually see the people) I found that I liked how this photo looked.  I'll be working on a lot more so I can post them. 



8 comments:

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Ahhhh, a wintery Header. Even in CA, the mood for snow at Christmas, comes along. :-)

I have a bunch of it, I can send you, btw. -grin-

Wanda said...

Oh Sandy, that's a great look. I love that picture. Haven't been to Morro Bay in so many years. My sister and I did a Sister Weekend that many years ago. Great memories.

sandy said...

thanks Tessa and Wanda -

How fun .Wanda...to do a sister weekend - Laura and I are planning to do that after the first of the year maybe in Santa Barbara.

Connie said...

I love this! It looks a little like a painting rather than a photo. I love the light in it.

sandy said...

Looking in to the sun which was over the rock was blinding so I'm glad I got even a little bit of the scene.. This area is gorgeous in person. Can't wait to visit it again some day.

cat's momma said...

Thought I commented on this beauty, but apparently I didn't. I know I was here to see this and the fall pictures below, which are so beautiful! I think I came here using explorer and decided to come back to comment using google chrome then forgot.

Out of Sight L said...

This is pure magic, how lovely, how did you do that, this time the light was in your best interest by creating this magnificent almost heaven-like photo, Bravo bravo bravo

sandy said...

thanks Lorraine - i'm not sure...i had to tweek a few things to get the people to actually show up as the light was blinding photographing in that direction. then I had to contrast it when I saw the scene...

Labels

12 tomatoe site (1) agua fria (1) around town (2) Arrowbear (1) Arroyo Grande (2) art (1) artsy art (1) atascadero (2) autumn (1) autumn birds (1) Avila Beach (1) back deck (1) Balboa Island (1) beanie (4) bears (1) Bend (10) bend daily front porch (1) big bear (1) Big Bear City (1) bird (1) bird farm (1) bird farm magnolia (1) bird house (1) birds (2) blue (1) blue jay (1) botanical gardens (1) burnt mill road (1) ca (1) california (2) Cambria (1) carrie's garden (1) cat (5) cats (2) cayucos (1) cedar glen (7) cedar pines park (1) central coast (3) central coast visit (1) chicken lime and cilantro (1) christmas (1) city scenes (2) claremont (23) Claremont front porch (1) coast (2) Corona (1) Corral (1) Covina (3) crestline (9) crestline front porch (1) crochet. (1) daffodils (1) dailiy front porch (1) daily (1) daily front porch (36) daily front porch CLAREMONT (1) daily front porch claremont (1) daily front porch COVINA (1) Daily porch (2) dog (1) doggie day care (1) dogs (1) drone over china (1) duarte (1) fall (1) fall 2015 (1) family garden (1) favorite house #1 (1) ferry (1) fog (1) front porch (78) front porch Bend (1) front porch crestline (1) front porch daily (5) front porch deck crestline (1) front porch Laverne (1) front porch post (6) front porch rim forest (1) front porch SLO (1) front porch Upland (1) Front Porches (1) frontp porch (1) glendora (1) granddaughters (1) grandson (1) great falls (1) green valley lake (1) grobeak (1) halcyon (1) heaps peak (1) heron (1) horse (1) hummingbirds (1) hwy 38 (1) ice (1) jake (1) keller peak (1) kinkade (1) kittens (3) la maison boheme (1) lake arrowhead (9) lake arrowhead. (1) Lake Gregory area (1) lake gregory dogs (1) laugh a lot (1) Laverne (5) leaves. claremont (1) local (1) lopez lake (1) love birds (1) mac and jake (1) mackenzie (1) Magnolia Bird farm (1) mansion redlands (1) mice (1) mirror pond (1) monrovia (3) montana (1) morro bay gallery (1) mountain rim (1) mountain towns (1) mountains (1) mouse (1) ms. feral (1) mt. baldy (3) my street (1) Northwest Crossing (1) oak glen (3) ocean (1) oceano (1) olalla (2) Ontario (4) Oregon (5) Oro (1) parrots (1) paso robles (4) pelicans (2) PET pacific electric trail (1) pets (1) Pismo Beach (1) Pismo trip (1) playground (1) port orchard (3) poulsbo (1) Prescott (1) rainbow (1) Redlands (5) rim highway (1) rim of the world (1) riverside (6) roosters (1) RUNNING SPRINGS (1) san antonio heights (1) san luis obispo (5) san simeon (1) santa barbara courthouse (1) santa's village (1) seagulls (1) seahawks (1) seattle (4) sky park (1) SLO (3) snow (2) snow in March (1) snow white (1) squirrel (1) sugarloaf (1) sunset (3) tacoma (2) temecula (1) Templeton (1) Thompson creek trail (1) thunder snow (1) toni's (1) tulips (1) Twin Peaks (3) typewriter (1) Upland (8) valentine's day (1) valley of moon (1) vashon island (1) VOE (1) walk (1) washington (1) western bluebird (1) wrightwood (6) WW (1) zebras (2)